water purification systems, benefits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manyBudZ4$

Reaction score
is it true plants will absorb nutrients better when using purified water? like a hydrologic system

i use a water softner with potassium chloride and a whole home purifier, plants love it. i noticed a increase of growth not really anything amazing but they are defintly loving it. have a nice steady pH, no chlorine, and adds a bit of potassium. its like adding Snowstorm or purple maxx other potassium supplments. its also better for your body as well.

i use Sea-Cal and Sea-Mag for my cal/mag. youll need it since your water is no longer hard.

I would imagine a lot of it has to do with the quality of your water to start with.

manyBudZ4$ said:
is it true plants will absorb nutrients better when using purified water? like a hydrologic system

No. The reason for using RO or distilled water is simply so you know exactly what you are feeding your plants. When you give your plants water with a high ppm, you are feeding them unknowns. PH, however, affects the way plants uptake nutrients. You have to be within certain parameters to assure the uptake of all the nutrients.

My well water strait from the tap the PPM is at 80, and the PH is at 7, i'm using GH nutes would you use micro hard water or the regular one ??

I would use regular. A ppm of 80 from well water is quite good. When I had a well, the water was quite acidic and the ppms ran around 300.

Hey mate, I have been using distilled water for quite some time and have had no issues. Its 0 ppm and 6.8 ph ...bottled this way. My town tap water is 7.8 with a ppm of 140. Contains chlorine, chloramine, and a few other things. I'm running into some issues with keeping the ph down. Your water sounds pretty good!

Are there certain nutes that are geared towards tap water?

Jack's Classic is. I have no experience with bottled nutes other than Dyna Gro or Earth Juice. Used Jack's for years.

Wet

Wet,

What does your tap water come out at and does it contain chloramine?

Latest posts

Back