wats the bast way to grow indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrn3wman

Reaction score
i was wondering wats the best most secrative way to grow inside.

Whats your situation? More info needed like who lives from you? Who are you trying to keep it from wife kids etc... how big do you want to grow...etc...etc...

Cheers!!!

um just hide it from cops and guest and i have a closet 3x6x8

Just grow it, use some carbon filters. And tell NO ONE.

Do you have problems with the cops coming to your house or did you say hiding it from them as a precaution? If it was just a precaution then I would say do your closet and use the carbon filters to help the smell. If your having problems with cops coming to your house I'd say bag the idea and do a outdoor grow.

With your guest, were is the closet located? In a spare room or your room? Are these guests going be like your parents were they may spend a night or couple if need to? If it's just guests as people stopping by to hang out and ** I'd say your good to go with closet but if there's a chance they are spending a few nights I'd either have another spot picked out just in case so you can move them or just find a different area.

lol no the cops have never been to my house :D and i plan to keep it that way lol but the guest are really just random people stoping buy but the closet is in my room. its just the smell i dont want people to get suspiciouse.

I have a closet grow in a spare room. I have bloacked out the window and put a bolt lock on the door...never had an issue with guests seeing it. If my parents come over and want to know why its locked I plan to say we have guns in the closet (we do) ;)

as far as the smell I dont bother with filters I cook when expecting non smoking people and it works like a charm..

sweet thanks for the tips everybody.... oo and 2dog do u play paintball? lol

2Dog said:
as far as the smell I dont bother with filters I cook when expecting non smoking people and it works like a charm..

I have heard you say that you grow and that you don't use a carbon filter or anything, and that no one notices... i suspect that you only invite people without a sense of smell to your house :) just out of interest, how many plants do you have in your flowering room that generate no interest? I wonder because that is like a special interest group of information for me, hiding pot for years on end has required a certain level of paranoia, the developement of serial inline fan's and carbon socks to filter the air that has already been run by another carbon sock... sock in sock level filtering. You know like everybody has their problem areas, bugs for some, nute application for some, heat for some... is smell for another, and that's me.
Of course maybe you just invite people who wound't mind so much, so they don't mention it if they have noticed?
just nosey.

In my little area all I do is have 2 exhaust fans 8in and 4 inch vented into my attic.I can leave all day and when I come home I can't smell it.If I stick my head up the scuttle hole for the attic it smells like a skunk lives up there.

SkunkPatronus said:
I have heard you say that you grow and that you don't use a carbon filter or anything, and that no one notices... i suspect that you only invite people without a sense of smell to your house :) just out of interest, how many plants do you have in your flowering room that generate no interest? I wonder because that is like a special interest group of information for me, hiding pot for years on end has required a certain level of paranoia, the developement of serial inline fan's and carbon socks to filter the air that has already been run by another carbon sock... sock in sock level filtering. You know like everybody has their problem areas, bugs for some, nute application for some, heat for some... is smell for another, and that's me.
Of course maybe you just invite people who wound't mind so much, so they don't mention it if they have noticed?
just nosey.

well I am not flowering indoors yet..when my parents come over which is rare I cook with onions..thing that smell they dont stay long. other than them no one who would care is let in. If I had a plumber coming the door would be locked I would cook something that stinks the house up and everything would/should be fine. course like I said I am not flowering indoors yet. My bro told me yesterday that he could smell my house walking up to it..that is the outside stuff. I know it smells. I am legal to grow. I own guns and have 5 dogs... so far no one has tempted my pittbull. She can even climb the fence if someone is simply outside casing the place. I could worry about it I choose not to. They are almost ready to harvest. I also have taken other measures I dont feel like listing online to keep my yard safe....Unlike other people I could call the cops if someone broke in or tried to steal. One non family member knows of my crop and he is like family plus I give him clones for free so he has no need to steal from me. I sleep fine. I know people who grow with the plants showing over the fence..hard to believe I know. But he has pittbulls all over his yard and guns up his *** and people are not so hard up for weed that they will chance it. The cops have gone to my neighbores a few times (not sure why) stood in the driveway and they never knocked about my smell. I have my sign for legality posted. Untril these last few weeks smell was no issue. if I did use a carbon filter it would only be in the end. My plants are in pots and if I was truly concerned about theft they would come in under lock and key everynight. If someone really wanted them they could try....but I doubt they would be able to do it. If they could maybe they earned it lol... I grow in a few spots so it would never be a total loss. where I live there is about 10 stors withint 20 minutes of each other where people can get it easily..not so desperate here I dont think. my lot is huge so I am not right nest to my neighbores like some.

skunk the inside of my hosue always smells like weed lol. unless I am having kids/pregnant women over or something along those lines.. my non smoking friend doesnt care if I smoke it makes her paranoid.

I do not use a carbon filter either. My closet is accessible only from the master bathroom. The room is well sealed with exhaust going out through the roof. I buy low odor strains.

2Dog said:
well I am not flowering indoors yet..when my parents come over which is rare I cook with onions..thing that smell they dont stay long. other than them no one who would care is let in. If I had a plumber coming the door would be locked I would cook something that stinks the house up and everything would/should be fine. course like I said I am not flowering indoors yet. My bro told me yesterday that he could smell my house walking up to it..that is the outside stuff. I know it smells. I am legal to grow. I own guns and have 5 dogs... so far no one has tempted my pittbull. She can even climb the fence if someone is simply outside casing the place. I could worry about it I choose not to. They are almost ready to harvest. I also have taken other measures I dont feel like listing online to keep my yard safe....Unlike other people I could call the cops if someone broke in or tried to steal. One non family member knows of my crop and he is like family plus I give him clones for free so he has no need to steal from me. I sleep fine. I know people who grow with the plants showing over the fence..hard to believe I know. But he has pittbulls all over his yard and guns up his *** and people are not so hard up for weed that they will chance it. The cops have gone to my neighbores a few times (not sure why) stood in the driveway and they never knocked about my smell. I have my sign for legality posted. Untril these last few weeks smell was no issue. if I did use a carbon filter it would only be in the end. My plants are in pots and if I was truly concerned about theft they would come in under lock and key everynight. If someone really wanted them they could try....but I doubt they would be able to do it. If they could maybe they earned it lol... I grow in a few spots so it would never be a total loss. where I live there is about 10 stors withint 20 minutes of each other where people can get it easily..not so desperate here I dont think. my lot is huge so I am not right nest to my neighbores like some.

Oh, ok, outside. makes more sense actually, good ol free sunlight. I too am legal, i live in Washington state and they don't allow outside grows for any reason... so we all grow inside. Although i take some of my sativa babies out in the summer for more light, but in again at night... and that's a risk here. What a lot of people do here also is sow seeds, the plants are kinda everywhere, but not traceable at all.

frankos and HG, i'd do the same, except that my plants live in the basement, they'd exaust into the livingroom...yikes!

mrn3wman said:
i was wondering wats the best most secrative way to grow inside.

A closet that is not in a hallway or entryway. Only one door in.
Put a good lock on the door-No kwikset crap-Get a deadbolt.
Tell everybody it is just a catchall-bunch of junk.
Use a carbon filter.
I don't use one. Here a couple days ago I could smell it when I come home, but as soon as I turned the window fan on in the room-it goes away. This was when temps outside were high-as it cools off I don't notice it much. I only have three plants.
I can close the door to the room and it is not noticeable.
Don't tell friends, coworkers, anybody.
You have to become a hermit in a way.

The police have only been to my house 2 times in 14 years.
Both times I called them.

Latest posts

Back