Wattage Minder gadget...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md.apothecary

Art is Resistance!
Reaction score
I was browsing online and somehow I came across this little device. This seems pretty cool.... Has anyone tried something similar to this before? I'm always wondering about my actual wattage usage for particular lights.

hxxp://www.clevergear.com/website/store/product_detail.asp?UID=2008052214363607&item%5Fno=53213&keyword=CHGR&cat%5Fkeyword=CHGR&search%5Fpage%5Fno=4&WT.svl=53213

Its cool! I built a amp gauge into a DYI timer relay but this is clean and simple.

haha I am no way handy enough to build something like this myself... i am considering this item, or looking for something similar. I would love to know the true output of certain lamps.

my computer wont let me copy and paste your link because it doesnt begin with http, but are you guys talking about something that measures the output of bulbs?

I would like to be able to measure how strong my bulb is because its been through a few grows and I wonder when I will need a new one.

md.apothecary said:
haha I am no way handy enough to build something like this myself... i am considering this item, or looking for something similar. I would love to know the true output of certain lamps.

Its not going to tell you the output of lamps just energy consumption.

Growdude said:
Its not going to tell you the output of lamps just energy consumption.

That's what I meant... I mean my lights (lamp) output as far as wattage being pulled from the outlets.

I want to know if my 150w HPS is really pulling 150w or the 400w is really close to that... etc. :)

I've seen one in a catalog that plugs into the outlet-then you plug your appliance into it.
For a fairly good price too.
I'll see it again.

Gb

Very cool little gadget. I would also like to have one...I may have to look into this. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back