Weird 'balls' on plant in vegetative (not pollen sacks)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpygrowers

...happy days...
Reaction score
They Look Like Tiny Yellow/greenish Spots That Humans Would Get (acne) On Their Skin.

They Are Located Above The Side Shoots Near The Branches Of The First Set Of Leaves.

Could These Balls Be Fungi Or Mould?

They Are Definitly Not Pollen Sacks As The Plants Are 2 And A Half Weeks Into Veg (not Auto Flowering Crops Either)

I Tried Taking Loads Of Pics But Camera Is Not Clear, I Can Reveal More Info On Request.

They Look Like Tiny Green & Yellow Traslucent And Puss Filled White Head Spots.

More Are Growing On The Next Set Of Side Shoots But Smaller.

zipflip said:
eggs from insects maybe but cant tell really unless ya put up a pic tho. thanks

Thanks for the help but I do not think they are eggs because Ive tried to remove them and they are solid.

They do not look like eggs and will not come off.

They seem to be growing from the plant rather than on it. Stems seem a bit purple or even reddish in places aswel.

I have been browsing the net since I discovered them and cannot find anything like them!

They seem to grow and get more puss filled each time I look at them.

WILL TRY AND GET A PICTURE

Could this be a new discovery??? I doubt it.

i had a plant do something similar to what your talkin about.. turned out my humitity was way to high and it was tryin to grow roots.. that was the only plant i've had that done it.. not sure why.. i lowerd the humitiy and watered more often and it stopped.. it wasn't just on the lower main stem it was all the way up past the first branches and on them aswel.

slowmo77 said:
i had a plant do something similar to what your talkin about.. turned out my humitity was way to high and it was tryin to grow roots.. that was the only plant i've had that done it.. not sure why.. i lowerd the humitiy and watered more often and it stopped.. it wasn't just on the lower main stem it was all the way up past the first branches and on them aswel.

That could be correct slowmo77, the humidity is quite high and I have not watered in 3 days because I was waiting for the soil to dry out almost completly down 2" before I flushed the pots through with aged water.
I do not water or nute the plants untill 2" of soil is dry, is this a good idea or not?

MY HUMIDITY

59 most of the time
Min 57
Max 74

I know HR during vegetative growth should be 40-50%
The max has been 74!
How the hell am I going to bring it down to 30-40% for flower?

if the RH of the area outside the grow room/box where you are drawing fresh air from is lower than that of inside, then increasing the amount of air drawn into the grow and drawn out should lower the RH of it. ie - greater air exchange :D

The area the grow box is drawing air in from is more humid than the box its self so increasing the intake would not solve my problem? Im not sure?

I definitley need the inatake on dont I? Temp is ok with it off and just the exhaust. There is a fan in the box but it doesnt really blow on them much it points at the top of the reflector, should I reposition it to point at them?

Help!

If I added a floor standing fan to the area the grow box is drawing air in from would this help?

Already have a duhumidifer in the area around the grow box and duhumidifers that are not electric but they use some sort of stone that traps mositure.

Got a very clear picture comming shortly...

SHOWS BALLS VERY CLEAR... ALSO SHOWS PURPLE STEM

(NOT MY BALLS... MY PLANTS HAVE WEIRD GROWTH THAT IS NOT POLLEN SACKS I REPEAT NOT POLLEN SACKS!)

These Look Really Shiny... Shiny Balls! Shiny Balls!

017.JPG

014.JPG

I have a Kahuna pheno that has those same exact appendeges. As the plant matures the clear goes away and they become crusty nob looking things. No idea whats the cause, but the plant always matures normal and is actually one of my highest yeilders. These "nobs" end up almost doubling the brances circumference thus allowing said branches to hold lots of heavy flowers. Weird...IMO Much Love.

TrailerTrashed said:
I have a Kahuna pheno that has those same exact appendeges. As the plant matures the clear goes away and they become crusty nob looking things. No idea whats the cause, but the plant always matures normal and is actually one of my highest yeilders. These "nobs" end up almost doubling the brances circumference thus allowing said branches to hold lots of heavy flowers. Weird...IMO Much Love.

Thanks for the help buddy, I hope this plant is a female and grows lots of heavy flowers in that case.

TrailerTrashed said:

does the MJ plant ever secrete anything like a tree does sap say maybe in certain conditions weather it too hot dry humid or watever?

ya... I would reposition yer fan blowing at the light to more on the plants, fer sure... you want them to be "swaying in the breeze", so-to-speak... ;)

IMO, that would help in higher humidity conditions....

We thought it could be sap. Humidity is my main problem so that could be it.
I've seen the pics of bud rot and I want to lower the humidity before the plants enter the 12/12.

Any ideas!

We've got a dehumidifier and good air exchange.

Latest posts

Back