Weird bug on my plant!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

Anyone know what this is? He is pretty funny and has a lot of personality. Whenever I try and take a close look he goes to the other side of the stem almost like he's hiding from me! So far he's the only 1.

June070611-1.jpg

He doesn't seem to be interested in the leaves. Just hangs on the stem.

I did manage to kill him today. RIP you funny bug!

Looks like a Tunisian Stink Bug. OMG, don't let him eat any beans!

Hahahahahaha, no, not a clue SM. But that was fun.

For the past several days in a row I have kills what looks like black wasps but not a wasp...similar to that and they are just trying to chill on my plants.
lol dunno...

Ok just killed 4 more!!! What the heck are these flying insects? They truely try to hide when you get close. Here's the dead ones.

June07628.jpg

I want them gone!!

wow, those are some narly looking fellers you got there. Not sure what they are, look kinda fimiliar but there huge.

So far after looking around the closest I've seen is a hover fly.

But I don't think that's right

in the first picture... he was a potato bug, they are funny lil fellows, my mom caught one at work and kept it in a box for a few hours... then set the lil guy free. potato bugs i don't think they fly but they are fast lil f***ers. they eat at roots, thus the reason they are called potato bugs. as for the other flying lil critters.. they look nothing like the first picture. they sorta look like an abnormal version of a cockroach and a japanese beetle... but they don't look friendly, kill the lil things.

btw potato bugs are more afraid of us... then we should be of them

btw potato bugs are more afraid of us... then we should be of them

The important question is; are they afraid of eating weed plants though ?

nah they prolly aren't.... just relocated the lil guys outdoors. they'll eat the roots and as we all know roots are important... like sunshine and water

I just googled a potato bug. And that's not what I got. I'll go look at Mutts links now. Thanks guys. :)

ahhh.. ok so the next plan of action is to find out where they are coming from and kill the nests.

I used the insecticide for indoor fruit/vegetable spray at wal-mart, it irradicates most of those flying beasts. It leaves a film but no worries never hurt my plants.

but the homemade pepper/garlic and soap solution you see around was some nasty smelling crap....I would not go that route unless you like a rash everywhere that stuff gets on you and a horrible smell in the house like a rotten italian/mexican speghitti taco. LOL

Latest posts

Back