Wet patch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callawave

AKAW!!
Reaction score
I've got into the habit of moving the older larger leaves aside to allow the new shoots a bit more light and air movement. I've noticed the odd leaves (just two on different days) which had a wet patch on them. It appears to be plain water? It's clear, has no smell and just wipes off.
I'm not misting and the humidity is steady at around 50%. I use two oscillating fans and there's no sign of condensation anywhere in the tent, either on the walls or any of the static equipment.
Anyone got any ideas as to where it might be coming from? 'Cause it strikes me as being odd :confused: Hoping it's nothing pesty! :bolt:

I get it first thing in the morning because my temp lights off is too cold. light comes on, water condensation.

Thanks ASEgrower.
It is when the light first come on, but it’s so localised that I didn’t think it was condensation. I’d have expected to see beads spread around rather than a single patch on one leaf.
I think you must right though. If was sticky or smelt, I’d be more worried.
I tend to fret a bit. :eek:

ASEgrower said:
I get it first thing in the morning because my temp lights off is too cold. light comes on, water condensation.

IMO...this is not good:confused:

4u2sm0ke said:
IMO...this is not good:confused:

IMO.......I agree with you.:D

Its a problem that I have been working on resolving. I didnt mean to make it sound like it was no big deal, but I was pretty sure thats what was happening to him.

I live in an environment where the weather just went to 40s and upper 30s. I am going to have to keep the room warmer, i just havent figured out the best way yet. Hopefully what I do tonite will help. I dont think its as bad as it sounds though, as there isnt a problem with a sheen of moisture, which I could see causing mold problems. What seems to be occuring is that when the light heats up upon startup condensation forms on the hood and drips in about two places. I dont think its a huge problem, but its something to be addressed.

But, what the hell do I know, I am a stoner and a novice at all this anyway!

I could be totally wrong.

ASEgrower said:
IMO.......I agree with you.:D

Its a problem that I have been working on resolving. I didnt mean to make it sound like it was no big deal, but I was pretty sure thats what was happening to him.

I live in an environment where the weather just went to 40s and upper 30s. I am going to have to keep the room warmer, i just havent figured out the best way yet. Hopefully what I do tonite will help. I dont think its as bad as it sounds though, as there isnt a problem with a sheen of moisture, which I could see causing mold problems. What seems to be occuring is that when the light heats up upon startup condensation forms on the hood and drips in about two places. I dont think its a huge problem, but its something to be addressed.

But, what the hell do I know, I am a stoner and a novice at all this anyway!

I could be totally wrong.

i have also got or seen these "wet patches" in my garden.. i know for me its not to cold at night.. its about 56-60F.. but not consistant..
LH

In some cases it is just the plant transevaporating the water it has been taking up. Just like the moisture you exhale when breathing.

LEFTHAND said:
i have also got or seen these "wet patches" in my garden.. i know for me its not to cold at night.. its about 56-60F.. but not consistant..
LH
My growroom temp isnt that low, but it is fluctuating from about 73 to 75 with the lights on to the lower 60s at night. Currently thats the conclusion I have came to, as the water is in the same two spots every morning, on the end of my light that hangs about a half inch lower.

hey if you have condensation on your ligh though that could be a real problem! especially if it's a HID, you may want to get a cover glass for that!

Like the leaf is sweating, or condensation? If you've got condensation built up in your grow spot where it's dripping off your lights then your RH has got to be higher than 50% IMO, maybe you need a new meter?

My RH is sometimes in the low 70's usually right after I water, and I'm in veg, so I don't worry about running the exhaust more, after a day it comes down into the 50's, but I've never seen water dripping from anything!

ASEgrower said:
My growroom temp isnt that low, but it is fluctuating from about 73 to 75 with the lights on to the lower 60s at night. Currently thats the conclusion I have came to, as the water is in the same two spots every morning, on the end of my light that hangs about a half inch lower.

weird bro..
yeah its only under a leaf or on the bush never on my light.. 75-80F is day time lights on temp for me.. weird. hydro?? soil?? im hydro.. i havent seen any for a while now...
hows the air flow??
LH

I've had what you are explaining, in between leaves where one leaf is on top of another, and there will be like awet spot. I just assumed it was like sweating, or like what ozzy was saying transvaporwhatchthingy.

thats what i put it as, since RH was good, temps are good. and only here and there, and not to often, then it just stopped i see every blue moon or so...
lol
take care and play safe
LH

legalize_freedom said:
hey if you have condensation on your ligh though that could be a real problem! especially if it's a HID, you may want to get a cover glass for that!

Like the leaf is sweating, or condensation? If you've got condensation built up in your grow spot where it's dripping off your lights then your RH has got to be higher than 50% IMO, maybe you need a new meter?

My RH is sometimes in the low 70's usually right after I water, and I'm in veg, so I don't worry about running the exhaust more, after a day it comes down into the 50's, but I've never seen water dripping from anything!

Its not actually condensating on the bulb, what is happening to me is when the light gets hot the hood itself with get a little condensation on it. The RH isnt bad, its running a steady 45%.

you might want to check the RH with another gauge, you should not be getting condensation at 45%.

Is you fresh air blowing straight on the light hood? If so the cooler air might have a higher RH hitting the hot reflector and condencing.

It's just transpiration. Perfectly normal. No need to apply antiperspirant. I get it on my outdoor, greenhouse, and indoor plants.

legalize_freedom said:
I've had what you are explaining, in between leaves where one leaf is on top of another, and there will be like awet spot.
That's exactly where I find it. One leaf stuck to the other by a thin film of water. When I wipe it off, it dries out.
Like I said, strikes me as wierd, 'cause there's not a drop of water anywhere else.
Very interesting to here you guys opinions on it. Keep 'em comin' :cool2: we'll find a definitive answer from someone :D

leafminer said:
It's just transpiration. Perfectly normal. No need to apply antiperspirant. I get it on my outdoor, greenhouse, and indoor plants.
I like your answer best leafminer. I won't have to worry if that's the case ;)

I see it as a good sign, that the leaves have plenty of fluid content. I don't usually notice it but I bet if I went into the grow room and moved leaves off others, I'd find the same thing right away. I guess if I Googled around this for a while I could probably pin down the precise mechanism.

I have had 2 plants exhibit this same trait (different growing seasons)

Only showed it in the morning, all the other plants were normal.

Within an hour they had cleared.

When the plants went into flower it stopped.

Strange.

:peace:

2 2 Droplets.JPG

Latest posts

Back