what do you guys do to stop your house from stinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G_48911

Fellow Grower
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had a homemade method (with detailed instructions) of an inexpensive exhaust system i could use to keep the smell down? i'm not very good with with that type of stuff and i would rather not risk a fire wiring up something myself but if i had good complete intructions,i could probably pull it off.
i dont have my plants goin yet but i want to have everything done b-4 i start them so i dont have to do anything but change the water/nutes in my res.
i checked out the ones they advertise at the homepage but i dont understand what needs to be done to install them. if anybody in here could just point me in the right direction to a site where i could find one that didnt require much if any labor and only costs around $100 i'd apreciate it
.i know there usedto be a thread at 420.com back around 1996 that had a homemade exhaust fan but that sites forum got closed so i have no way of searching it.anyways,thanks alot-G_48911

i use a carbon filter and it works great you can make one homeade or buy one

You might also want to look for a low odor strain. Strains differ considerably in how much they smell during flowering.

Hey Hal,how do you install that carbon filter into your growroom,do you just hang it and hook a heater duct tube (or whatever you call em) into the end with a little fan and run that above your light or..?? lol,i dont know why but this is cunfusing the heck outta me.thanks for your help dude.

or wait..actually..whats the difference between the $100 version and the poormans design? lol,i love it when people come up with these genious ideas.
im just wondering if this thing puts off a scent or if it just eliminates the odor,i would think if it put out a scent that it would effect the taste of your buds.anyways,thanks for all the help,just a few more odds and ends and I'll have this goin.-g_48911

It's really just understanding how it works, and you get the idea.
Pull air out of the room, thru carbon and exhaust out of the room.

As long as you understand this, there are alot of alternitives that folks can make work. I'm lazy, I just get the ones ready to go.

The one I linked you to can be installed in a number of ways. Optimumly, you would want it as high as you can get it to help exhaust the heat a little better. Once you get filters bigger then that, they are pretty hard to ceiling mount. You can also just put it on the floor in a corner. Have your intake in the opposit corner so you get a draw of fresh air thru the room.

But ya, put the filter on the ground, and it should have a 4" flange on the filter. Simply put the fan in the flange and secure it. Hook up 4" ducting to your exhaust hole, ready to go.
Hope this helps.

When I grow White Widow, it doesn't smell at all. I do have a fan in the flower room and I toss some Bounce sheets around (those kind that go in the clothes dryer)....and it smells April Fresh in there. You'd never guess I had 8 females in full flower in that tiny closet.

But when I grew haze and skunk, it was another story. The whole room smelled like dope....

So just stick to White Widow (or some other non-reeking strain) if you don't want to deal with an exhaust system.

lol,after lookin at the design for about an hour that smokeybear posted,im just gonna make 1 or 2 of them and just call it good.i have them glade plug in fans throughout my house and they do a good job.i smoke hella weed in my house and have never had any complaints (knock on wood) but,i should be fine.thanks again for all the help.it seems like you learn somethin new everyday. -G_48911

Latest posts

Back