What is an idiot proof way to germinate seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AKalltheway

Get a jar about 500 ml and some distilled water. Fill jar with the distilled water and add a drop of Superthrive and a few drops of rooting hormone. Shake jar vigorously for 5 mins to mix and aerate solution. Insert your seeds, all will float for the first 1-3 hours and then they will start to sink. If some seeds keep floating shake jar slightly to cause them to sink and keep the jar in a warm a place 78f-86F. Check seeds every 3-6 hours. When the seeds crack open and small taproot is visible plant the cracked seeds in preferred moisten medium 1/8"-1/4" deep. Place the containers with the seeds into a plastic bag to keep the humidity levels up keep in a warm area 78 f - 86 F. When sprouts break surface of soil remove from bag place under main growing light.

Soak rockwool cube in 5.5 pH water - shake out excess water - place seed in hole - put in warm place - 3 to 5 days you have a plant. Works for me!

canibanol cannonball said:
place seed in soil, add water.....always works for me
I'm gonna try some Root-Riot cubes. Anyone know if they're any good? :watchplant:

AKalltheway said:
Get a jar about 500 ml and some distilled water. Fill jar with the distilled water and add a drop of Superthrive and a few drops of rooting hormone. Shake jar vigorously for 5 mins to mix and aerate solution. Insert your seeds, all will float for the first 1-3 hours and then they will start to sink. If some seeds keep floating shake jar slightly to cause them to sink and keep the jar in a warm a place 78f-86F. Check seeds every 3-6 hours. When the seeds crack open and small taproot is visible plant the cracked seeds in preferred moisten medium 1/8"-1/4" deep. Place the containers with the seeds into a plastic bag to keep the humidity levels up keep in a warm area 78 f - 86 F. When sprouts break surface of soil remove from bag place under main growing light.
Makes you wonder how these things ever germinate in nature :D

AKalltheway said:
I was shaking the jar for 10 seconds and all the water and superthive has ended up all over the floor so i kept on shaking it(for 4mins and 50 secs ) but i am unsure what to do with the air that is still in the jar ..are you sure this is an idiot proof way of popping seeds ?

Callawave said:
Makes you wonder how these things ever germinate in nature :D

Didn't you know that there are paper towels, heaters, humidity domes and little gnomes with tweezers running around the forests just to germinate seeds?

Use either soil or paper towel method.

If you use rockwhool cubes, or any other semi solid medium the seeds have a chance of "heaving out" or pushing themselves up. Rather than sinking a taproot.

The Effen Gee said:
Use either soil or paper towel method.

If you use rockwhool cubes, or any other semi solid medium the seeds have a chance of "heaving out" or pushing themselves up. Rather than sinking a taproot.

I mean no disrespect. When I used to use the paper towel method and put them in the rockwool after they sprouted - I had a problem with what you call "heaving out". Now that I plant directly in the rockwool and cover the hole slightly - I've never had a problem.

If it works, it works.

Most do not however cover the cubes.

I use the gelatin-coco plugs or rapid rooters. I just dont like rockwool.
Personal preferance.

canibanol cannonball said:
place seed in soil, add water.....always works for me

LOL! Right-o.
Look...the seed KNOWS what to do. All the help it needs from you is, pour a little water (I use distilled) over the seeds in a shot glass or cup, put a cover on it and leave it in a warm place. After a few days, you will see little tiny whire root. When you do, put them in soil.

Every now and then a seed is simply dead. Most will germinate.

Lass

coco pellets outta 15 attempts id have 13 pop and make it to veg all u gotta do is soak them and put the seeds in half a inch down with 1-5 days i see green popping

Latest posts

Back