What was your first grow? And why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerseydude

Reaction score
I was reading the M'agical beans' thread and it started me thinking about my first grow & how I decided about the seeds.
I was reading an Ed Rosenthal growbook and they had pics of various strains. I saw the Sagarmatha 'Stonehedge' and fell in love. :heart:

So I ordered them from Heaven's Stairway UK (RIP :cry:) and could not believe it when they actually showed up.
So began my love affair with growing.

Anyone else got a story to tell?

Well, my first indoor grow was a direct result of stumbling into a MJ forum. I was already an outdoor grower of modest abilities (contrary to what I thought) But after hanging around,and seeing that indoor was not as hard as I had believed I dived right in. All it was was mixed genetics a friend had from an Amsterdam trip. When I completed that first grow I was ecstatic, I couldn't believe the quality of what I grew. In hindsight now ,it wasn't all that, but it was my first.I ended up with about a half pound.

I have since changed many things,and growing mediums. I like to challenge myself I guess. I may not be a master of any one system but, I can get through just about any of them now. Keep em coming folks

Well it all started alittle over a year ago when my cousins daughter who was 20 at the time i think grew a plant in her house and she doesn't even smoke. She just thought it was a pretty plant. We said damn man if she can do it we can do it. So we got on the computer and started our research.

It was then that we found Peak Seeds and decided to order some Northerberry seeds. Let me tell ya man i'm glad we did. Peak Seeds genetics are the most underated on the net IMHO. They sell nothing but F1's at a very cheap price and ya can't beat that.

ha we were just sick of buying the stuff.. sick of meeting dealers late at night in the city or sometimes a couple of hours drive from home.. sick of getting screwed out of what we pay for.. sick of getting complete crap, so how could we have a consistant tasty bud to smoke for free..hmmmm.... i wonder! lol..

i actually found mjp when i was looking for sick plant help with our first grow lol, which is now nearly 4 weeks into flowering.. :D thanks everybody!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
It was then that we found Peak Seeds and decided to order some Northerberry seeds. Let me tell ya man i'm glad we did. Peak Seeds genetics are the most underated on the net IMHO. They sell nothing but F1's at a very cheap price and ya can't beat that.

Thats good to know, I'll have to remember that the next time I order seeds.

My first time growing was a on a bet. A neighbor and I were chiefin' on a nice one and he bet me that the seeds wouldn't grow in the soil in the backyard so we planted them. Well both of us forgot about them for a month and was back in the same spot smokin' again and we almost stepped on what turned out to be 4 or 5 females standing a foot tall. After that I started feeding them MG and they took off. After a another couple weeks I enlisted the help of friend that grew and he gave me some FF Big Bloom and some FF POM Guano and the saga began with trial and error. Been hooked more on growing than anything else. Something about watching something grow and mature that is a real high for me. Now it is a hobby and I just share it with my closest friends to keep them from smokin' that hard-packed crap they get in the streets full of hermies and seeds. Since being on this forum I have turned into a mad scientist or botanist of some sort. Without all of your help I would still be stumbling. Waiting for the time when I can order some real seeds and get away from these seeds with bad genetics that I get from bagseeds. Vive La Growers! :farm: :48: :bong1:

I was on a job site installing some trunk and an A/C system, house had been framed and tight to the weather. it was mid may.
i go out to truck to grab a step ladder and stepped on a plant, looked at it and relized what it was. i paid no attention until my old man and i went to leave and he just about freaked,"qhick empty out that bucket and fill it with dirt.

he scoured the driveway thinking someone emptied thier bagseed all over the place, sure enough he was right, at the bottom of the driveway there were 11 6inch plants, we scooped them up and so began my journey.

up untill this point my father and i were cool with each other, but not close. when this happened we really got to know each other really well, now we have a great time together getting baked and making no sense of what the other says, but we still nod in agreeance. we get all geeked out and ****, it rules. who would have thought it uh?

then i went to school and decided to become a weedologist. too bad there really isn't a degree in that. but that all took place seven years ago. never felt better in my life than when i gave life to little abandoned plants...and then they gave me life...

Latest posts

Back