Whatcha using for your autos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson1

Reaction score
I've got an order of Short Stuff, Onyx, Russian Rocket Fuel and MI5 that i can't wait to come in. I was wondering what you are using on your autos as far as nutes that you have found success with and what weeks are you using what and/or anything else you might be doing or have found that works well?

Soil or hydro? I'm using GH Flora Micro and Flora Bloom in hempy buckets, but I've used it for soil grows, too. Nice choice of beans :)

I just use MiracleGro Quick Start to start the seeds. Then regular MG Potting Soil to grow.

Its only 60 days. Doesnt need much at all. I do put molasses in the water though. Only thing I add.

I grow the RRFs. And every plant so far has exceeded the companies stats. Company stats say like 11-16 inches tall. I got one now thats a little over 18 inches at 40 days. Think every plant Ive had with them, the smallest was still over 16.

That Rudulas (spelling?) in them makes them tough as nails. Probably could grow them in concrete dust lol. So you dont have to be to picky or stress over what to use.
Start simple, adjust and tinker as you go along.

ArtVandolay said:
Soil or hydro? I'm using GH Flora Micro and Flora Bloom in hempy buckets, but I've used it for soil grows, too. Nice choice of beans :)

Hey thanks, Art. Popped my cherry with my first order. I am going to use MP's coco buckets for these. I like that your keeping it simple. Is that all that you are using throughout the grow?

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I just use MiracleGro Quick Start to start the seeds. Then regular MG Potting Soil to grow.

Its only 60 days. Doesnt need much at all. I do put molasses in the water though. Only thing I add.

I grow the RRFs. And every plant so far has exceeded the companies stats. Company stats say like 11-16 inches tall. I got one now thats a little over 18 inches at 40 days. Think every plant Ive had with them, the smallest was still over 16.

That Rudulas (spelling?) in them makes them tough as nails. Probably could grow them in concrete dust lol. So you dont have to be to picky or stress over what to use.
Start simple, adjust and tinker as you go along.

That's cool SPEAR. Yes, I was going to use the MG starter but didn't think about using the regular MG potting soil. That would not only be inexpensive but very easy too. I'm glad I asked. Keep it coming all.

SPEAR, what nutes are you using and when?

Thanks, jackson. That's all I use but my grow medium is hydroton. One of these days, I'm going to try the coco buckets, though. Good luck!

i might be wrong but with the coco they have a nutrient missing from them so you need to add it when adding nutes.

Found this:
Due to low levels of nutrients in its composition, coco peat is usually not the sole component in the medium used to grow plants. When plants are grown exclusively in coco peat, it is important to add nutrients according to the specific plants' needs. Coco peat from Sri Lanka and India contains several macro- and micro-plant nutrients, including substantial quantities of potassium

Hesi have a range just for coco

Time release nutes jackson. I dont touch a thing. The Potting Soil has 90days worth of time release nutes.
Thats not enough for regular plants. But more than enough for Autos at 60 days.
I just add the molasses to the water. And when I do that. I use a long screwdriver. I dip the end in molasses bottle and start stiring in the water till its all washed off the screwdriver. Not worried about how much sticks to it. Just dip and stir. lol

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Time release nutes jackson. I dont touch a thing. The Potting Soil has 90days worth of time release nutes.
Thats not enough for regular plants. But more than enough for Autos at 60 days.
I just add the molasses to the water. And when I do that. I use a long screwdriver. I dip the end in molasses bottle and start stiring in the water till its all washed off the screwdriver. Not worried about how much sticks to it. Just dip and stir. lol

Wow, I am glad i ask the question. Done deal, MG all the way and don't touch a thing. How about the PH?

I quit testing PH too. lol
Rain water is under 7. And thats all I use.
I just collect it up. If some sits around for awhile. I dump it out and put in fresh from the next rain.

1 time I did run out and used just tap water. Luckly it rained 2 days later and I was back in business with more jugs than ever to load up lol. I wont run out again.

In the city areas you have a low ph. In the country, its still under 7 but not as much. Carbon in the air drops it from a natural 7.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I quit testing PH too. lol
Rain water is under 7. And thats all I use.
I just collect it up. If some sits around for awhile. I dump it out and put in fresh from the next rain.

1 time I did run out and used just tap water. Luckly it rained 2 days later and I was back in business with more jugs than ever to load up lol. I wont run out again.

In the city areas you have a low ph. In the country, its still under 7 but not as much. Carbon in the air drops it from a natural 7.

I feel like i won the lotto or something. This takes a ton of pressure off. I guess, with being snowed in comes much learning and great knowledge, ah? LOL.

ETA: Also what size pot's you using SPEAR? Do you flush at all at the end?

Thanks, dude.

I use the plastic green 8in pots from Home Depot. Think they were 2.99 each in the gardening section.

But Im going to switch to 3 liter soda bottles like Art up top there.
Heres his grow. (hope you dont mind Art)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52154

On my other plants. There was a ton of roots piled up at the bottom of each pot. But they didnt spread very wide. So the idea is that these 3liters are like 11 inches tall, and skinnier so you can save space for more plants. Get better use of the dirt and give the roots more room to go strait down.

And I dont flush. Ill wait until I see someone say it helps these autos before doing it. Cant be wasting my rain water, cause I never know when the next rain is.
At the moment. I do have a bucket of snow melting lol. Im going to water with that tomorrow. (Im snowed in and bored)

Latest posts

Back