What's that smell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SensiStarFan

Reaction score
No it's not me, I showered today. But I have noticed that when my plants are in flower and I walk past the exhaust of my flowering closet or even into my flowering cloest within 5-20 minutes of my HPS lights going out for the day I notice a particular smell. It smells like freshly cut grass (by grass I mean yard clippings, not weed). Has anyone else noticed this before? Any idea why this occurs? Or am I just going crazy. If I am going crazy please feel free to tell me so I don't mind.

-SSF-

My plants smell when i shut off the lights, ive defenetly notced before.

I usually claim I can smell just a slight whiff of mine about 15 minutes after lights come on. My wife says I'm crazy.

All the time, my friend! I am growing in a pantry without ventilation, I open the door during lights on and place the osc fan in door (yes, it moves the air around nicely, but I am wanting to upgrade soon)...I can see the lights shut down from my computer (if I'm not paying attention to the time lol), but the smell often catches me right away. Yes, cut grass is the smell!

I've noticed this as well... You can rest at ease brother!:afroweed:

Yep, I would be watching TV and get a wiff and think, the lights went off.

these plants smell , that is how people get caught

thanks everyone. I swear it smells like freshly cut grass.

-SSF-

I never noticed that smell but I think theres a skunk living in my closet.

I was going to ask this in my last grow. I always noticed when ever i shut off the HPS it would start to smell. Could never understand why though. Light effecting smell? Maybe its a change in the plant when lights are out.

Roddy said:
It smells more like warm grass than cut, to me really.

Like laying on the grass in summer having a smoke :). Know the smell.

Latest posts

Back