Whats would be best scrog or sog for a small grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobo

Reaction score
First time posting so sorry if i botch this up. But i was wondering if any 1 has tryed the screen of green method in a small cabnet. My cabnet is 18''x18''x36 ive tryed the sea of green method but it involve a lot of trimming when the buds came on and i wasnt impressed with the small kohla buds.

I would try a Screen Of Green with one or two plants in that space. What are you using for lighting? Does the cab have proper venilation?

That would work good. But just another thought. Doing 4 plants in there would ensure hopefully 1-2 females. Once they show sex, transplant into bigger pots and flower! Voila.

Thats a small screen of green grow lol might be cool!

do it & keep us posted! like tbg said 1 or 2 plants & let screen fill out to 75% then flip. want some space for stretch. good luck. give us more details on ur space.

I am doing a scrog in a 2 x 2 x 4 space and it seems to be going well. Scrog will take a longer veg time than if you are doing a sog. How are you growing and what type of lights and ventilation do you have?

right now i got 4 25watt cfls6500k plants only 6'' tall with 4 nodes and looking good but now ive ben reading up some more and im thinking fim might be the way to go with just the 1 plant god so many choices. as far as ventalation no fans but ive never had a heat prob temp always stays under 80 so i figured that was good. one other question now that im thinking of it should i try fim for more branching for a quicker veg time and when shold i start training my baby to behave the way i want

FruityBud said:
How long in veg is one looking at with Scrog, compare to Sog?

Depending on how many plants you are scrogging, I would say that you would probably be looking at a 6 week+ vegging time. With SOG you can basically put plants into flowering at any time--they will start budding when they reach sexual maturity, probably 3+ weeks. You are going to need more and better lighting.

I don't get this scog thing.

What do you do? tie your plants to the screen?

I am clueless on this procedure.

pcduck said:

Well---here is how I did it...As the plant grows, it is kept below the screen, training it to grow somewhat horizontally. The lower branches are removed. As the growing tips poked up through the screen, they were gently pushed back below the screen and trained to fill the screen. When they went into flowering, the buds are allowed to grow up through the screen. You end up with an even canopy of buds.

Thanks THG! That sounds so cool. I will half to try that.

I did read your DIY on making the scog, just couldn't figure out the purpose.

Thanks again

pcduck said:

The one I did I weaved the brances through a flat screen with 2 x 2in squares creating a Tabletop of tops. Once screen was close to full and all the gaps were filled in I cut out asll growth below screen and flowered the nice even canopy. It's sort of like filling a trellis with vine only flat. It is a somewhat tedious and lengthy process and as hemp goddess said, It took about 6 wks to fill the screen which i had about 6-8 inches over medium. I didn't have much knowledge of scrog when I did it so i'm sure there is somethin that could have been done better:eek:

Thanks lyfr, This does sound like a lengthy process.
But with these long winter months coming upon us, it might just be what the doctor ordered;), its good to find a new and challenging hobby.

Latest posts

Back