when to add nutes for certain soil..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choking_victim

Reaction score

Hello there once again. Back again for another grow. This time I'm trying it in soil.
my last hydro gro was an excellent success besides some ballast problems wich are totally fixed now. Now, I'm ready to try and go organic with foxfarms ocean forrest.

my situation and question:
I'm starting by peat pellets for the seedlings then transfering them into the soil after rooted into the pellets.
When I had bought the soil, The lady at the grow store told me if I was growing from seed, I shouldn't have to add any nutes for around 3 weeks, since I had chosen the ocean forrest.
I know all plants are different, but no nutes for 3 weeks sounds a bit too much.
any advice would help, and thanks again guys.

Runby said it. Nothing for the first 2-3 weeks and then nutes at 1/4 strength seems to work very well. Take care and be safe.

Yupp...that soil..and useing their nute sched..no nutes for 3-4 weeks and then start weak..and work up..Good luck

i mix my ff ocean forest with pearlite to lighten it up some.....my plants like it better

okay. that's sounds great. I was going to almost auto-flower them when they were about 6-8 in. tall. won't they be inbetween 6-8 within those few weeks? and if so, would I just automatically start them on blooming product instead of nitrogen rich product?

thanks again for everything guys.

Latest posts

Back