when to flower ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
my plants are 25 days old from seeds.they are in 6 litre pots.i grow 13 plants ( 10 fem and 3 regular ) in homebox XL with 600w hps.

when i go to flowering stage ?

Do you guys use sexual maturity at all to determine when to put into flower?

I think there might be a sticky on this But I am not positive. There is many posts and I learned the make-up of a plant and the "nodes" and when to flower using maturity

Amateur Grower said:
Do you guys use sexual maturity at all to determine when to put into flower?

I never have,,dont have the patience,,nor the room for them to get that big before putting into Flower. Some PPL take a cutting and put it into flower to determine sex before Flowering. I have been growing clones for awhile so I know they are Female.:hubba: Other then that,,13" or so and into Flower they go.

25 days is about the youngest i would ever send mine into flower (approx 4 weeks), I usually trim/fim on the 2nd node then when they start growing back thats when i usually send them into flower or i let them veg for another month.
I have found depending on youre setup that for every month they are in veg u get 'approx' half oz to 1oz per plant (dry weight) more.

I will be corrected if this is wrong but I believe they say when a plant produces its second node it is old enough to be sexed. A lot of people put plants in real small just to sex which is smart so yo don't waste time on males.:D

mate they mention about alternatin nodes like this :

206140d1241067088-when-flowering-alternating-nodes.jpg

ms4ms said:
I will be corrected if this is wrong but I believe they say when a plant produces its second node it is old enough to be sexed. A lot of people put plants in real small just to sex which is smart so yo don't waste time on males.:D
there are some that start 12/12 from seed, that doesn't mean that they are sexually mature, or that they will show sex immediately. They will not show sex before they are sexually mature, no matter how soon you put them into 12/12.
But for a plant to reach full potential. it should be allowed to mature to either alternating nodal growth OR pre-flowers.i.e. "sexual maturity" before being forced into flower.

@Hick

how many alternating nodes is enough to say plant is mature ?i have 1 -2 alternating nodes and my plants is 30days old now.

it is great news mate .but i will still wait untill 15" tallness .

i have 5 WW and 5 skunk 1.if i go to flowering cycle when they are 15 ", what would be their final tallness ?

just always assume it will stretch 3 times what it was when you put it into flower to be safe.

i put my 12 plants in 12/12 at couple days short of 4 weeks from date i started germ on htem an they all but 3 have shown sex so far an it hasnt been 2 weeks yet since 12/12 started.
for sure you will end up wit smaller plants tho. but i got a head room issue in my space. i've also incorporated some major LST on em jus to see how low i can actually keep em as well.
also i wasnt seein alternating nodes at all either when i started 12/12 so i think its more per the strain when its ready to show. they'll show when they ready either way regardless of light IMO. mine if stood up strait were all bout 4-6 inches maybe inch or two more on some when i put on 12/12
check my current grow below in signature if interested in checkin em out.

Latest posts

Back