When to stop feeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When to stop feeding indoors?

• Feed them as usual right up till the end

• Switch to water ONLY with 2 weeks to go

• Flush plants with water- 3 times size of pot

• Flush using a commercial product

• Other- comments below

Results are only viewable after voting.

tastyness

Reaction score
So it is getting close to the end for my first two girls.

They are about 2 weeks from being done (per calendar) - will be watching trich's to determine real harvest time.

I've read all different threads on this all over the boards and thought a poll would help me figure out the answer.

Mods: is there a way to edit a poll?

I don't like to cut off the nutes to my plants but have in previous grows and seen the plants fall off some and look pretty ragged by the cut. I have also run full nutes right to the end and had good results. But Now it seems to work best to me to cut back the nutes around the last 2 weeks. I feed some level of vegging nutes throughout the flower cycle but cut those out at the last 2 weeks as I know the plant won't be needing those, and then just run the bloom nutes at about half the strength to support any last bud growth. :)

I feed em till i chop em.....I noticed my yeilds are lower when I use only water for the last two weeks. I've also noticed that most of the strains I run put on most of thier weight during those last couple weeks.

Thanks everyone- MP rocks as usual.

HushP- I'm only giving "bloom" nutes at the moment. About halfway done in flowering cycle.
Should I still be using some of the "grow" nutes?
How do you work those in with the bloom? I was worried about confusing them if I went back to the grow slanted nutes (nitrogen heavy) they might revert to more veg than bloom.

Plus my plants are WAY too bushy as it is. I can't imagine them needing more leaves.
Mine are on every other day watering/feeding.
1. Coco/soil 2 part Bloom Nutes
2. Plain water with a little epsom salts
3. Bloom based Guano nutes

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I would say to stick with what you are doing on that since you are feeding a little differently than me. Like you say, you don't want to affect them at this point by going back to grow formula. I think with mine because it is a gradual cutting back that it doesn't affect the blooming but it does help keep them from yellowing off as quickly toward the end of the bloom cycle.

For me in coco/hydro, I have the liquid 3part nutes that I can adjust the amounts of each to the exact level that I want very easily. I am still figuring out the organic setup and how to switch that over. So far with that, it has just been compost tea with a few additives in it for every watering since they have been in flower. :)

I feed to the end. I don't give more of the Grow Big the last few weeks (I did supplement the Beasty Bloom, with Grow Big this year, as it had no nitrogen in it). Seems the nitrogen will affect flavor some to me, so I stop the extra nitrogen. I do keep giving some nitrogen though in the Cha Ching I give them to the end.

I get a pretty heavy fade up here. I think it is more to do with the cold overnight temps than the lack of nitrogen.

The husband likes to flush the last few days before the chop, but we keep the every five day feeding schedule up to the end.

tcbud
Thanks for stopping by and letting me know.

I'm limited in what I can get for nutrients and the only brand that had lots of extras like Cha Ching etc. was one I had never heard of and had no web presence. Also really crazy ratios- so I think that might be an experiment in grow 3 or 4 (tee hee)

I'm feeding twice a week - 3 is straight water with a little epsom salts (coco mixed with soil). I think they could take more- but better for me to stick to the conservative side.

Latest posts

Back