Where to position lights???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
Is there a proper way to place lights in a grow room? The room has 2 600 watt and one 1000 watt hps lamps. The room is 11x9. Should the room be lit based on the coverage area of the light or is there any other basic rule of thumb? All lights have yield master 2 reflectors. Sorry but I don't have any pictures. Any threads where someone has a similar situation?

I'm thinking you're short light....by quite a bit? Either shorten up the room or add more light, would be my suggestion! You're short about 100k lumens if my math is correct, or (1) 1000w

Indeed I am short a light. Even if I section the room off I'm still confused on how to position the lights. Should two 600 be in a straight line and the 1000 be on the side of the two 600's? I don't think there's enough room for all three to be in a straight line. I'm confused on where to put the third light to get the best light coverage.

Hang the 2 side by side and the 1 by itself. Are you planning to section off? If so, lose a bit off the long side and use same set-up.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the advice comrad. I'll try to post some pics.

If you're shortening up the room and running the lights you have, turn the 1000w sideways of the (2) 600w, should cover a bit better.

Latest posts

Back