Why are leaves of these seedling curling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loko17

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first grow. For medium Im using 50% soil 25%perlite and 25% coco fiber and some dolomite. Is this mix ok? Or should I change something when repoting? For light Im using a 55W flouro that gives out 5000 lumens Temp is at around 26 C.I noticed the leaves on my Super Skunk are twisting and yellowing at the end of the tips. Im giving them ph adjusted water at 6.5 Any Idea what it could be? Any help would be much appreciated.

weed 014.jpg

weed 015.jpg

weed 018.jpg

the same thing is happening to one of mine. it is my first grow too and i dont know what is wrong. can anyone help?

ph is off....buy a ph meter and keep the ph in the containers around 6.5

the ph in the water only matters when you know the ph of the medim. they look like they are hungry too.

the light will make then cup and twist sometimes too so take that into consideration.

i also recommend puttin a fan in the room as they will need strenght for the stems. you have alot of stem strech and i fear they will topple over- lower the light so they get more lumens and research supercropping, that will hinder strech you got going on ALOT and help meaty up the stems. you might want to add some mushroom compost or another medium thats high in nutrients. your cottlydons shouldnt be yellowing yet as your medium is lacking in nutrients from the beginning. cocao is great but you will have to fert more because you have a 50% mix of medium that has basicly no nutes out of the package.

get a grow book and start reading search the forums about any ?s you may have, research is key. you only get what you put in.

Thanks for help Trillions. What would you recomend? repotting or just adding some nutes? If nutes Which kind? I have a line of canna for veg. Should I add some with water or shoul add buy somthing else?

hey buddie, just add some nutes for now and when you upgeade to a bigger size container, just throw in some other compost, cow, mushroom or something similar from a feed store (rabbit compost) anything to up the microbe population.

that stretching is bad, i also fear they wont be able to support themselves, uhh you might try lsting very very early with a fan on fairly strong, you might even considering turning them into a bush instead of a tree, throwing up options instead of starting over, also, about that stage i'd transplant so you can start some lst, i'd put them stems low to the ground. also trill is right, knowlage is power my friend. keep it smokin!

Dc

dolomite lime raises the pH to 7.0 which is a little high. I used hydrated lime and had to repot because it raised the ph and they started to go into shock and lockout nutrients. After I repotted again (without lime) they recovered and are doing well. It is hard to lower the ph with lime in the soil. so keep an eye out for that. Test the pH of the runoff to get an accurate reading. You want a pH of 6.5 ideally, but no higher than 7.0.

Thanks guys for all the help. Ive added some worm casting liquid mixed in 6.5 water.The soil BTW is 6.3 to 6.7 Im a bit confused with my canna terra fert. I got a grow schedule from their site. This is it in pdf file. What confuses me is that on the schedule it says that recomended ph is 5.2 to 6.2 and also it states that in vegging you should have 12 hours of light. Everywhere else I look it says to have ph 6.3 to 6.8 and that while in veg it should be 18 h of light. Can anyone explain why? And also what do they mean start root formation? first day in soil or is this schedule for clones which still doesnt explain the PH difference?

View attachment uk_grwsch_terra.pdf

do not give them nutes. they dont need em, they are babies and you will kill them. just give them pure water, and i would get ALOT more than a 55 watt cfl. I used 300 watts of cfl for veg, your 55 isnt going to be nearly enough. to me they look fine, besides the stretching your producing by not having enough light...

This is what I mean. Im already confused enough. I already have two post stating oposite things. Should I give nutes or not? There was no nutes added to the soil.

Nutes should be added within two to three weeks into veg stage if I remember correctly. The soil probably contains the nutrients it needs for the first 3 weeks of it's life. When the time comes, give them small doses then slowly increase the concentration as it gets bigger.

loko17 said:
This is what I mean. Im already confused enough. I already have two post stating oposite things. Should I give nutes or not? There was no nutes added to the soil.

I have done complete grows without added nutes, if you have decent soil you are good, let the plant tell you, not everyone else.

If its N deff. it will have slow growth and pale green to yellow leaves.

Your sprouts need light, thats why there streched, at least 18 hours per day.

You are going to need more light than that 55w floro.

I have done complete grows without added nutes, if you have decent soil you are good, let the plant tell you, not everyone else.

amen GD
and dood i didnt mean feed now, i meant when they started yellowing and they need it. then when they get bigger and you transplant...then add better medium.

lol, learning to read your plants is important, and basically comes with time, you'll figure it out man, its really not that hard. most people just assume it is. therefor are convinced it is when it comes time to grind. you already know plants need potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen to live, also they need glucose, which is produced through a process called photosynthesis(which converts light into usable food source. i.e sugars. called glucose), the more light the plant has, the more the plant will produce glucose to a certain point, then it dont really matter. because it can only produce food so fast, now potassium is for flowering, the plant utilizes the mineral more during 12/12, when it fruits, phosphorus the plant uses to help with root growth. and nitrogen, obviously it helps the plant to retain its green color(absolutely needed for photosynthesis).. think of nitrogen as the fuel that circulates through your leaf/solar panels lol. man iam messed up, i hope this makes cents and helps to clerify some of your questions.

Dc

oh yeah i wanted to add this, with a def in any of those 3, will come very identifiable problems, like lack of color due to N def, no root growth due to phosphorus def, and or no buds to small weak budding due to potassium def.

lol if this doesnt make cents pm me on the parts that i jacked up lol!

Dc

I think the problem is overwatering and bad soil mix. I noticed that even though soil on the top 2cm is dry the soil on the bottom is very sticky and full of water.
Thank you guys for help. Btw anyone has any input on what I asked earlier about Canna grow schedule?

Latest posts

Back