Why are these flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imsoborednow

Reaction score
My friends veg cupboard is starting to flower.....Under 24hr lighting....WHY???????
Can flowering take place under 24 hr light ?I have the proof, ok not the best pics (camera phone) but there is definatley a large sack with two white pistils stikin out,
Could temperature and time of year have any bearing.
There is n.light/ice clones + one of our own cross kush/leveller.
Hes been using this cupboard for 6 months no problemo until now!
Temperature in the cupboard is about 20 C
Which is the only difference I can see (it was about 25 during the summer) as its Autumn now,
Have you ever come across this before ????????

10-10-06_1217.jpg

10-10-06_1221.jpg

10-10-06_1222.jpg

10-10-06_1220.jpg

I think what your seeing is preflowering and this is completely normal. Some strains do this when they are sexually mature. They will not turn into full buds though until the light cycle is decreased to around 12/12.

One other possibility could be that they are auto flowering. Some strains do this on their own, but I don't think this is the case. If the hairs get more numerous and start to gather together to form buds then I think you have a problem.

Where did you get these clones/seeds from and what strain are they? This will help to better answer your question.

TGT

Hi tom thumb, Auto flowering, is what Im thinking,
The clones are from northern lights x ice plants, second grow, (1st grow from seed from reputable dutch seedbank),
I know the pic is not good maybe this one is better.
Had no problem with the plants from seed, but as you said these are just preflowers what Im worried about is follow on to full flowering, or am I just worring too much , I dont want these plants until mid November, (no room in the flowering inn)
Do you think they will revert to veg or stay the same?
I have never seen this before , so any input would be great.

10-10-06_1218.jpg

we had one plant that had white hairs right fromk the beginning, and we took a clone from it and the clone had the little white hairs, all of this was when it was in the veg stage,I just finished it with the rest of the girls,and the plant produced well for us. The plant always had funny shaped leaves. Very large and wide like indica leaves, no idea what strain it was though.

As stated above what you are seeing are pre flowers. You will continue to see them until you put them into flower. It's no big deal she is just telling you she is ready to flower that's all. ;)

yeah, i agree with TBG,this is totally normal,showing you their sex,ready or nearly ready to flower

Latest posts

Back