Why is marijuana illegal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MergeLeft

I feel better already!
Reaction score

Peter Gauthier has written and posted an excellent account of the real reasons the law turned on mj & mj users- here is a link and the opening:

http://marijuana.drugwarrant.com/

Many people assume that marijuana was made illegal through some kind of process involving scientific, medical, and government hearings; that it was to protect the citizens from what was determined to be a dangerous drug.
The actual story shows a much different picture. Those who voted on the legal fate of this plant never had the facts, but were dependent on information supplied by those who had a specific agenda to deceive lawmakers. You'll see below that the very first federal vote to prohibit marijuana was based entirely on a documented lie on the floor of the Senate.
You'll also see that the history of marijuana's criminalization is filled with:
  • Racism
  • Fear
  • Protection of Corporate Profits
  • Yellow Journalism
  • Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
  • Personal Career Advancement and Greed
These are the actual reasons marijuana is illegal.

cuz the government doesnt
want ppl to have something
amazing in there life...

OK, The short, sweet, and simple,

It's illegal, because we are too apathetic to go do something intelligent
about it.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

im not getting why it hasnt changed, the government knows wer doing it it doesnt make us insane, its hardly likely to insight violent rebellion is it?

and they could tax it like they do everything else?
have you ever thought politicians might all be in the wrong line of work, they might be better suited to perhaps burger king?

no thats offensive to the people who work in burger king.

careful folks..

i can see this thread turning political..

thats a MP no noo...

mama gonna spank you all.. haha

MrPuffAlot said:
careful folks..

i can see this thread turning political..

thats a MP no noo...

mama gonna spank you all.. haha

Wise man, that PuffAlot. ;)

lol

i shall be quiet

i suppose wev all heard it before anyway

I tried to post a url but since I haven't post enough I can't yet. So, if you search for Jack Herer or The Emperor Has No Clothes, you'll find a site with wonderful info and history and it will probably answer all those questions and more. Twist one up and enjoy.

Think about it, if it was legal than everyone would be slower, think about the guy that drives all that good food to your local grocery store. He would be all keyed up, late and probably would eat some of the food in the truck!!

BLUNTHEAD420 said:
Think about it, if it was legal than everyone would be slower, think about the guy that drives all that good food to your local grocery store. He would be all keyed up, late and probably would eat some of the food in the truck!!

And how would this be any different, than alcohol??

its not condoning use during work, its what we do on our free time is
the issue, in the privacy of our own home.

You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

d it will I have to say this guy made up some crazy TiddleyBangBang against marijuana. You see, if he were to ever smoke marijuana i bet he would relize hes to stoned and lazy to kill someone, he just wants to get some munchies!

MrPuffAlot said:
And how would this be any different, than alcohol??

its not condoning use during work, its what we do on our free time is
the issue, in the privacy of our own home.

Serious. Marijuana should be treated no different if not better then alcohol. you smoke a bowl your high for an hour then its over. you get drunk, you cant do anything right, then you just pass out and wake up next morning feeling like a NoodleDoodlePoodle.

Its funny how we like to point a finger at the government saying there evil racist and that there wrong if u feel that way research the countrys where its legal and move there its not that hard or are u 2 greedy to live in the great U.S. where are economy is the best in the world?

Cook_ said:
Its funny how we like to point a finger at the government saying there evil racist and that there wrong if u feel that way research the countrys where its legal and move there its not that hard or are u 2 greedy to live in the great U.S. where are economy is the best in the world?

thered be no dutch people left in amsterdam, just stoned americans.

moving to another country is a simple attitude to a simple problem, but in the long run we all know theres nothing dangerous about MJ, so we want answers from our governments.

i dont believe anyone on this forum is stupid, and its difficult to believe politicians are all closed minded and stupid.

the best explanation i can think of for MJ being illegal is that we are pretty easy to bust, more grow ops and dealers get arrested makes the police in the area look really good even though they arent doing their REAL job of protecting the public from real threats like muggers, rapists, heroin, cocaine and chavs.

we need to do more protesting, to prove we arent all too stoned to organize things and rally for our beliefs.

we have to have faith someone with the power is listening

Is it really that bad 2 say move and FYI amsterdam isnt the only place 2 smoke weed your just to closed minded to do the lil research to find what countrys marijuana is legal and 2 say im close minded 2 say just move? If the laws were pushed 2 make weed illegal then its illegal once u start gettin into politics u get corrupt because not everyone shares the same opion some people actually enjoying life without doing drugs and dont want them in there life some countrys dont care but to make this country your own because u and few like u want it like that i feel sad because i want my kids 2 be a succesful buisness man or woman without drugs and the stuff that comes with it in his life i wouldnt him 2 be a couch potatoe like his old dad. I want them to be healthy and strong not a Dumb*** that laughs at the stupid things in the world marijuana is a revolution and its almost over maybe we cant see that our views are getting clouded in our own smoke PEACE

Latest posts

Back