Why me?!? For the love of crap, why?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbapopa

Reaction score
1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

Simply put, cussing is not necessary and should not be used. If you feel like cussing in a private message to another member who is tolerant of it, then that's fine. The use of cussing in the open forums is not acceptable as polite conversation. Please just talk without using profanity.

Dude you gota be kidding me....... is it all the new babies you got from Blue Sky ?

easy homey!! That totally sucks!! For what it's worth, I used Azamax and a fogger and my plants did wilt, but bounced back...different chemicals, I know, but treatment for the same thing....

look dude...this stuff could have happened at any time...it could have happened on your first grow and then you probably would've said f-it...

This crap happened..you have the experience to KNOW what went wrong (key point) and to make sure it doesn't happen again...it won't right?

This harvest, I screwed up soo badly that I harvested about 4 oz with 3000watts....I have about 3 weeks till my next crop is ready, but I have learned valuable lessons (a lot of them here!!) about mistakes that I will never repeat....

I look at it like this: Learning costs...time, money, headache..whatever..

"you gotta pay the cost to be tha boss" (James Brown)

Keep your head up dude..Think of it as just payin' dues...it'll be time to reap a huge crop soon enough!

Chris, the are GDP from the GDP collective. :(

cmd420, I totally understand what you said about the learning process, it just seems that I have hit every freakin road block out there. I just want something to go right for once. I feel for you and your 4 zip harverst under 3k worth of lights. That little amount didn't even cover the electricity bill I am guessing.

I am thinking that the Avid has blocked the plants ability to photosynthesize, so I am spraying them down with lots of water hoping that will wash off the avid and allow the plants to do their thing.

only thing I can reccomend is next time test anything new on a couple plants before using it at a certain strength on all of them..I hope they bounce back...they might if you baby them and the roots are strong...good luck!!

I'm sure you will, but throw some soap in the water when you wash them down.....

that's funny..(not really though)..I had 2 sativas and two GDP's for the crap harvest BUT, the saving grace has been the GDP's...not much yield, but the quality is ON...the sativas got soooo mad at me for frying them...

I'd bet my pinky finger on this: If you keep at it, in 6 months you WILL be pulling large harvests...there are only so many roadblocks until you hit the open road, my man...and to continue the metaphor, you have been learning to drive the hard way, but when you're past these difficulties, you'll be freakin Mario Andretti with this grow thang!!

good luck

cmd you are so inspirational!! practice makes perfect as they say..

I am fortunate that even if these all died, which they better not, I have about 30 GDP clones I cut from them, 17 Satori seedlings that are ready to transplant, and about 18 or 19 Sour Grape clones.
Like Billybob Thorton said in Bad Santa; "Does everything have to be a blazen test?!?!" Some times it really is. Like some messed up hazing initiation.
That being said pity party is over. Now its time to do a post mortem and make sure it never happens again.

Do not use Avid at less than its recommended dosage. Mites develop immunities to products very quickly. If you use avid at less than recommended dosages, you could very well be breeding Avid resistant mites since you are giving them the ability to build up their immunity slowly. Mites need to be attacked full force with all you have (that is safe to use).

Barbapopa said:
I am fortunate that even if these all died, which they better not, I have about 30 GDP clones I cut from them, 17 Satori seedlings that are ready to transplant, and about 18 or 19 Sour Grape clones.
Like Billybob Thorton said in Bad Santa; "Does everything have to be a blazen test?!?!" Some times it really is. Like some messed up hazing initiation.
That being said pity party is over. Now its time to do a post mortem and make sure it never happens again.

I'd say you're about a 9+ Karma. You're overdue for a few great harvests, relax, things kind of come back around and even out in the end. My belief anyhow.

We'll be rooting fer ya!:beatnik: :watchplant:

Hemp Goddes, I used the Avid as per the instructions on the bottle. If these plants die the mites are going die as well as I will cleanse these plants with fire as I sacrifice them to the weed god to appease him or her and ask for forgiveness for any wrongs I may have done.

Thanks Skunk and Chef, I can use all the good luck and well wishing I can get.

lol avid kills the mites through killing the plants...glad I dont use chemicals..Like I said next time I would try it only a few instead of risking the whole crop....

Well 7 of my beautiful plants are dead. Wilted and then dried up. Oddly the 2 smallest ones lived. I sprayed all of my plants with avid, including the clones due to spidermites and only the big ones died. Is that normal? Usually it is the big ones that endure and the small ones that die. The clones and the 2 small plants seem totally unaffected by anything. The whole thing is pretty depressing. I have about 22 clones that are ready to transplant onto the big table. I am going to avoid Avid on anything except clones in the future and stick to the alcohol/water combo. Wish me lots of luck.

IMO .... bro it sounds like you might need better ventalation, and circulation to keep the critters away to begin with ???? Once again, just my thoughts ?

I wish u luck with your babies! maybe they lived because the bigger plants have bigger/more roots that drank up the poison. ?

Ventilation is pretty good. Got a decent in and out as well as fans in the room. The mites came from the store I bought them from. The avid seemed to be to much for the adults. It says on the bottle that there is a chance it may make your plants unable to photosynthesize which i think it was what happened. They looked really good then literally wilted over night, looked like how my tomato plants looked when they did not get enough water. I made sure they were getting water and nutes. Yet they kept wilting. I did a post mortem and looked at the roots to make sure they were not dry or water logged. They really looked healthy. That's why I think that it must have been the avid. At any rate I have 24 clones/seedlings in there now with more on the way.

Thanks nouvellechef. I will check that out if the mites are not dead by now.

Hey bud,

So sorry to hear about your problems. MItes are the worst of em imho... But Avid will kill them dead unless you happen to live where they've developed a tolerance to Avid. Did you spray when your lights were on or put them back under bright lights after you sprayed them? I've seen plants really take a quick ticket to the great beyond when I made the mistake of spraying a pesticide - even organic - on plants in bright sunlight or under HPS or MH lighting... just a thought...

Good Luck!:cool:

Latest posts

Back