why

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clowd-9

Reaction score
well it looks like we have a bunch of english majors [ thats a college degree] my simple question WAS: why are all my buds mature except the last inch of the top??? i let the other plant grow until i got a couple of immature seeds and yes it was pulled, but insted of getting a answer why it wasnt maturing all the way, i got couple smart remarks and yes i know what a hermorphadite plant is!! ive grown v.good smoke before but this is the first time with this problem.. so if anyone can help i would appreciate it, if not PLEASE keep all smart ..... remarks to yourself!!! thx p.s ive read as much litterature on growing but no info, my p.h is 6. new 600 h.p.s, lite bulb is sunmaster deluxe it puts out 10 percent more light, potting soil is foxfarm ocean forest. thank you for any help.

I had responded to your last post and I wasn't trying to be rude, so I hope that comment about the english majors wasn't directed at me. I just had trouble understanding exactly what you were asking and suggested typing in more complete sentences. This post is much more clear and I'm sure people will be able to help you much easier.

As long as you are harvesting by looking at your trichs you should be fine. Once you get the trichs to your desired color I would harvest. For example, if your main cola is 10" tall and the trichs are where you want them on 9"s of it but the top inch is still not quite there I would just give it a few more days, if it doesn't improve just go ahead and harvest. My experience has been that the top of the plant will usually mature faster than the bottom of the plant. Come to think of it though, I usually don't check the very top of the bud, I usually check around the middle of the individual bud.

I'm still not sure where those seeds are coming from in your bud but since your not worried about it, cool.

Also, your PH is too low. Try to raise it up to about 6.6. If your PH is at 6.0 you are locking a lot of nutrients out. PH is one of the most important aspects of your grow, small variations can lock out different essential nutrients. I hope this helps.

1. Your plant is too hot at the top. Prolly too close to the light.

2. You can major in english in any school after middle. This includes High School. No need for a degree to spell well, all you need to do is read and not be lazy at the keyboard. As it is not a 10 key pad on your cell phone.

thanks cadlakmike1 & king bud, mike that was not directed at u, i do just like u i check the trichs usually in the middle and from my exp. they usually mature from top down, i had bent the branches and the inner buds are just fine and probably should be harvested there turning amber , but i like to do that all at once, but ill do what one has to do! i just cant figure out why the large colas the last 1-1/2 inches have v.little trich and thats why the last plant got seeds i was waitting for the tops to finish. THANKS GUYS!

post up some piccys. that will go a long way with helping you out here...bb...

Im growing in soil. To adjust the PH of my water can I just use PH up and down that can be bought at a fish store?

Herm said:
Im growing in soil. To adjust the PH of my water can I just use PH up and down that can be bought at a fish store?

Yes thats what I use to adjust the PH of my water, however if you're growing in soil, alot of times your soil is the thing that has to be adjusted. You can pick up dolomite lime at any garden center, at like say, home depot, or any nursery. Dolomite lime neutralizes the PH in your soil, then if you use really acidic water, that will help set the PH level. I had PH problems recently, and what I did was add the lime, then use some water with a PH of around 6.0...then tested the run-off water, and it was around 6.5ish and viola! PH problem fixxed. I monitor it each time I water, check the run-off and so far, so good!! good luck

P.S. You can get bulk ammounts of PH up and PH down at a pool supply...Thats what I ended up having to do, as a test kit was like $20 at the pet store, and the bulk ammount at a pool supply was $12 each for 1 gallon of up, or down.

I tend to agree with Effen. I see it quite a bit with HID's. It seems the tops of some of the bigger colas want to keep going and going, while the rest of the plant is ready for harvest.
You should really judge when you harvest with the majority of the plant, don't trip too much on the very tops.

Hey Clowd, go back and reread your first post. It was sad and comical. Reread what i said as well. These guys are very kind and stuck with you. Please, take the lil bit of ribbin they gave you as i would never have patience to help with what you posted. And enjoy your hermie and your med. card:eek:

Latest posts

Back