will they bud well under MH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they will bud, but to get the most out of your buds you need hps, it has the best color spectrum for flowering....

I've budded mine out of a 100W and a 430W MH... and they both produced nice buddage... it's a lot to do with what you give them at what time.

practice makes close to perfection....

well then what do i got this hps for?????? i can grow nice buds with cfls too but that dont mean they are given the right spectrum of light that they need to simulate the changeing of the season .... isnt that what we are trying to do ??? simulate outside .... MH is like a bright summer day, HPS is like early fall light, which brings out the best in your plant when they are budding.. but it is all up to you bud with whatever you want.. i use 400 watt HPS and CFLS in a 4x4 tent.....

gettinggray1964 said:
well then what do i got this hps for?????? i can grow nice buds with cfls too but that dont mean they are given the right spectrum of light that they need to simulate the changeing of the season .... isnt that what we are trying to do ??? simulate outside .... MH is like a bright summer day, HPS is like early fall light, which brings out the best in your plant when they are budding.. but it is all up to you bud with whatever you want.. i use 400 watt HPS and CFLS in a 4x4 tent.....

MH does very well, not even any comparison to cfl's for buds.

My early grows were done 100% MH, 1000 watts and buds were big and dense. Im sure 1000 hps would have been bigger.

when I started growing again I used a 400 mh and a 400 hps in a 2x5 closet side by side, you could see a slight improvment on the hps side.
The buds were just a bit bigger if you looked close.

My first few years indoors was strictly Mh and I was never disapointed.
HPS is ..'better' for flowering, but not a requirement.. ;)

Latest posts

Back