Wondering is there Interst in a United We Stand Grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticWolf

Just Me
Reaction score
We could Each make a positive difference on some level without saying a word ...and in the process help each person in the Us and Canada...With a United We Stand Grow ...Granted it is just a thought though...Just one of those random thoughts that passed through your mind in a flash of clarity.

Step One ...Each year do at least one seed run grow ...Save 1 ounce or so of seeds which is usually about ohh 2000 seeds...

Step 2...Mix that ounce of seeds or how ever much seed you can spare into a two pound bag of bird seed ...Then fill two or three empty 2 or 3 liter bottles with that seed that you have made into lil free homemade bird feeders like these .....hxxp://www.northern.edu/natsource/dakota1/birdfe1.htm

Step 3...Then take a lovely little nature walk hang those feeders in nice bird filled natural area without saying a word and simply walk away....and smile

Keep in Mind the best times to do so are late fall... or end of winter ...or early spring.

If say 2000 growers did that each and every year and only 200 of those seeds germ and grow and start NATURAL stands as Great Grand Father intended...there be

Wow That is 400,000 plants in natural stands yearly....Then if you multiple that by say 5 years that's 2,000,000 million NEW stands ...Mercy my!

Then patients and rec users alike can have what they need ...and also sweeping change would come in the laws I might venture to wager.

Though that is just a thought as there are None of us in the community that would do such a thing...Coughs ...and if say people Simply Thank this post...Well that is in no way saying "You or any" might like to join in such an adventure!

Because if we all did such a thing.. prices would drop for med patients ..whole clubs reaping their living off of sick and critically ill and pain suffering people would either fold...or at least drop prices quite allot.

Then in there place honest collaborative efforts would grow with people helping people ...They are called Collectives ..Not that I know anything of such things...

Though I will say the Constitution says United We Stand ...One voice... one hope... one petition... one set of stats falls easily and can be Skewed to any viewpoint ...But Us each casting a vote Hummmm? hanging a bird feeder hum?

Each of Us doing the right thing for the right reason in a quiet peaceful moment ...Liberating all ...and Change then comes like a whisper on the wind... or a wave rolling over the beach...

For when We Each cast Our vote in placing those seeds carried on the wind and into a far higher powers hands then Ours....And who knows what might just happen...But that is just My idealistic 2 cents.

Pay it Forward

James

i've been a johnny pot-seed before, tossing many old seeds in the woods. and i like your idea of spreading by bird.
but honestly.. i wouldn't want this to happen anymore. after more thought, if it did happen, you could never grow outdoors again if weed became, well, a weed.
there'd be so much pollen floating around everywhere. just end up with a bunch of schwag.

Wow where did that thought come from scratching my head and shaking it hard...It Must have been that new MS med the doc prescribed "Umm Hum" and the drug company charged an arm and a leg and My left *** for "Yeah that's got to be it!"....Slaps My comp for posting such a naughty thing...As I swear I only thought it...honest I did not inhale or type REALLY... bad... Bad...Wicked ...Computer...Sheesh...I swear young computers these days...Scolding my Computer..." What the Heck were you trying to do ...Start a New Boston Tea Party or something...Naughty Computer...no good electricity for you today ...you get the generic stuff all day! and your on restriction too mister!"

MysticWolf said:
...and in the process help each person in the Us and Canada...

I have some news for you.

This site is Global.

The fight is not only restricted to your segments.

:peace:

Interesting view:

kaotik said:
i've been a johnny pot-seed before, tossing many old seeds in the woods. and i like your idea of spreading by bird.
but honestly.. i wouldn't want this to happen anymore. after more thought, if it did happen, you could never grow outdoors again if weed became, well, a weed.
there'd be so much pollen floating around everywhere. just end up with a bunch of schwag.

Not that I know anything...But you see there's this thing called LandRace ...I read about it ...And in theory ...If people are putting out good strong strains... and they acclimate... and grow and spread ...and mix with other vital strains...They get stronger more potent more vital...and it grows with more vigor...Honest it is in here pointing at the book ...We were talking about it in the Femed seed thread so I decided to read up.

Point at My COMP ...."Sheesh do you see what trouble you got me into!...you should be ashamed!!!"

Sorry about that @HippyInEngland...I swear My comp did it... I was an innocent bystander ...I was just talking aloud then the post was there....Hum I thought Ya'll there in E town had darn near won the war... what with all the positive voter support...Though I don't read the abroad news much.

Kinda funny to see this subject here..lol..and here's why. About 20 yrs or so ago a cousin of stepdads who had been growing forever done something close to this very exact thing. He had a 5 gallon bucket full (yes I said 5 gallon) of seeds that he harvested over a few years from outdoor and indoor breeding projects he had been doing. Never thinking he was going to end up with that many seeds he decided to just keep a quart jar full of his "skunky" seeds as he called them and to sow the rest of the seeds via bird do-do. So he did as you were thinking and made a truck load of cheap bird feeders then went and bought about 100lbs of wild bird seed and mixed them all together. He then filled all the feeders with the mix and gave them to everyone for Xmas, B-day, ect.. presents that year. Sometimes I have sat wondered if any of his "skunky" plants made it and where they ended up in location, compared to where they were eaten from. He did'nt say a word about what he had done to me or anyone until a few years later because he did'nt want anyone to dig through the mix and take his seeds..lol..crazy I know. But I'm sure some of them made it somewhere...take care..

@ Sir_Tokie...I hear Ya ST what a kewl story ...I bet some of them they did and survive ...they maybe out somewhere in a wooded patch doing just great...Who knows many some local folks found the stand and tried it then gathered the genetics of that xmas and bday seed...Like I was saying though with one person even if that only starts one lil stand or two a year...and then many did that same thing for several years that's 2000 stands a year low side times 5 years that be 10,000 new stands of natural at the end of 5 yeas...and if more folks did it...Or as wise old George W said and I don't mean the Bush one...“Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, sow it everywhere.” -George Washington "

And you know what ...He was our man with the plan ...and he had the country and constitution ...deep in his heart... and the bill of rights too... so when you read the fact that He and Jefferson which were two of the smartest wises men of there time saying that it sure makes you think.... and say...hummmmmmmmmmm

James

..maybe thats why all those birds are singing!!!! :rofl:..
but... I'm against "feral" mj.. IMO feral mj is hemp..
A very wise and respected grower/breeder once told it this way.
If left to go feral, even quality mj will revert to hemp within a few generations.
Why?.. because their is "no selection" for quality. Only for survival. The paternal side of the gene pool will be dominated by the earliest males AND hermies. Resulting in a breakdown in the potency and quality of the genetics.
He also believed that one of the secrets to further improving the quality of mj, lies in the recessive traits of late flowering males.
The improvements of "top shelf" drug quality strains that are available to us today, are due to the "selective" breeding of desirable traits. Not from random pollination.. IMO.

Interesting point Hick...Very interesting indeed never thought of that or heard that view stated that way before...Are there any good books or articles out there on that?

Just curious as I love learning new stuff ...Watching everyone give me that look that "He Reads" ...What ya gotta have good stuff to read in the restroom Sheesh and I only look at the cannabis pictures ...Umm and the canna centerfold purrrr oh baby....I swear I never read the whole articles...Well at one shot anyhow....

James

..there's plenty on 'selection' in the breeding area. The 'revert to hemp' conversation, was a semi-private conversation to which I was an audience several years back. I don't know if it's ever appeared in print, honestly. It just made very good sense to me, and stuck in my head as an outstanding observation/tip.

Hick said:
..there's plenty on 'selection' in the breeding area. The 'revert to hemp' conversation, was a semi-private conversation to which I was an audience several years back. I don't know if it's ever appeared in print, honestly. It just made very good sense to me, and stuck in my head as an outstanding observation/tip.
Makes very good sence to me also, as you said I'm sure the gene pool was tainted at some point along the line from early flowering males and hermies and ended up being just that feral hemp...take care..

united we stand grow -- i guess im out since i cant stand:D

but im down with -- united we grow :farm: :watchplant: :farm: :bong:

@ Super Silver Haze....I hear you on the not standing part ...Heck half the time I can't stand either ...Depending on how the MS gods are treating me that given day of the week...Part of the equation that I figure too ...Though some may laugh is that if thee are enough natural stands all over the place then LEO and others will just say the heck with it and give up ...Because with more natural stands if they are chasing and killing those then they leave the guerrilla growers alone ...Whats that old saying ...It is better to hide a needle in plain sight in a needle factory then in a haystack ...Just something a buddy shared once that made allot of sense to me.

Latest posts

Back