Yard Light=delayed budding?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsman

Reaction score
I have this light in my yard that shines on 1 of my girls all night.It's not that bright on her but she does react to it(turns toward it)so I'm thinking it may be enough to keep her in veg or slow her flowering.Do you think I need to be concerned and try to block it from hitting her?I can't move her as she is in a 25 gal pot buried in the yard.The first pic is the light itself,the second pic hopefully helps judge the distance from her to the light,the third pic is same spot without flash to help judge brightness of light at distance to plant.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

If she's turning toward the light, I think you would have to assume it's going to effect her veg/flower mode. I bring my 3 ladies in at night to keep them warm and away from any lights that may get turned on. Anything in the blue or red spectrum can definitely keep your plant vegging. I suggest finding anything you can to block the light from your girl. Perhaps a simple piece of plywood propped up could do the trick!

I would put up a couple of stakes and make a wall out of landscaping fabric or something to block her from that. I taped the led lights on my air conditioner because it gave a soft blue glow when it got dark. It could definitely affect the photo period and herm on you or not fully flower.

Shoot it out with a pellet gun. G-D light. The darker at night the better. If shes turning to it like Cass said shes definately reacting to it. kill the light or kill the hermie

i'd say shoot the lite out LOL but then that'd bring repairmen to ya neighborhood and worst to the area she growin ..

Hello Oldsman :)

You have no worries, here is my greenhouse, the light is 20 meters away so its a lot closer than your light and this is whats growing inside, just 1 of several plants in full flower :aok:

:peace:

140.JPG

141.JPG

137.JPG

..but...but.. aren't you growing primarily "autos" HIE?... Autos are going to flower regardless of light schedule.
but she does react to it(turns toward it)so I'm thinking it may be enough to keep her in veg or slow her flowering
IMO.. "if" ..she is reacting to it, she "sees" it..and it will have a negative effect on flowering.

Thanks everyone.I knew if she was reacting to it means she sees it.I will have to come up with something to block it from getting on her.It will have to be something done in a way that doesn't look obvious.Although shooting it out would be more fun:hubba: ,for reasons like ones that Zip pointed out,I can't do it like that.I'll have to do something quick as she's my biggest gal and I would like her to bud.

Thanks for the concern THG,the light in question is on private property and is privately owned.Rest assured i am not advocating vandelism(sp) and being as it isn't owned by myself directly will not be an option.I have some roofing tin laying in a pile in the yard.I think I will "neaten" that pile by leaning it against that tree in the pics in a way so it blocks that light. My next question is what about moonlight?Not strong enough to affect the plants?wrong spectrum?I mean it seems that total darkness is needed so wouldn't that basically be a "light leak"?These are merely thoughts of mine and require no serious reply.

Iasked the same question a while ago and it was hippy i think posted up the indoor light charts you know the ones .. distance light travels and how the lumens are reduced..

That light is most likely a 250 hps and seems a considerable distance away look up the charts do the math and i'm sure you will find that the light is less than what a full moon puts out.

First I want to thank everyone that has replied to any of my posts.I used my roofing tin to block the light.Now I'm not sure if this is coincidence or a result of blocking the light and feel free to correct me but isn't this girl in preflower?In pic 1 you can see her main stem that I snapped off trying to pinch it:eek: ,pic 2 you can see my tin,pic 3 is more tips.

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

Nice work blocking the light. That would definitely affect the flowering phase. I want to say those look like female preflowers but the pics just aren't in enough detail to say for sure. Looks nice and healthy, though. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back