Yellow patches on main cola... problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndre

Reaction score
Hey all,

Getting near the finish line of my first grow; just over 4 weeks into flowering.

With that said, while my plant seems to be pretty healthy overall, the leaves on the main cola are showing some yellow patches here and there... they're also pretty small on the top.

I assumed it was just getting too close to the lights, so I've positioned it as far away from 'em as possible. On that note, I seriously underestimated continued growth during flowering... I actually have some string pulling the top of the plant over a little (away from the camera in the "wide" pic attached). A bit of "low stress training" out of neccesity.

Attached is a pic of the main cola (with the yellow spots), a wide shot to see the whole plant (for perspective, the enclosure is about 4.5 feet high), and a closeup of one of the smaller buds lower on the plant - just to show that the rest of the plant seems healthy.

The bulb in the middle is a 175 watt HPS, which is flanked by two vanity strips with 4 ~24 watt (100 watt equivalent) fluorescents each - the top of the plant is about 8-10 inches from the lights. I'm just using some simple Miracle Grow houseplant food - 8-7-6.

I guess I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should do about the top.

Thanks in advance!

-cyn

cola closeup.JPG

wide shot.JPG

small bud closeup.JPG

how old are they fromday 1.?? and ther nice man. keep it up.

they look good to me exep that nut burn you give them and i think thats the strain you are growing but your babys are looking good

hashpipe: They sprouted on 1/29. I started with four; but ended up getting two males and a hermi.

3patas: Ahhh, so you think it was nute burn. Gotcha. Thanks for the props... can't wait for harvest. BTW, it's a White Widow.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

-cyn

IDK if I see anything that is remotely related to nute burn. I actually can't see any yellow. I know excess heat from the light being too close can cause yellowing as well as revegitation. But I doubt the second option is it.

cyndre said:
hashpipe: They sprouted on 1/29. I started with four; but ended up getting two males and a hermi.

3patas: Ahhh, so you think it was nute burn. Gotcha. Thanks for the props... can't wait for harvest. BTW, it's a White Widow.

Thanks for the responses,

-cyn
yup plain water

DLtoker said:
IDK if I see anything that is remotely related to nute burn. I actually can't see any yellow. I know excess heat from the light being too close can cause yellowing as well as revegitation. But I doubt the second option is it.

Yeah, the yellow spots were a little hard to tell in that pic... attached is a magnified portion of the same pic with some of the yellow spots pointed out.

Let me know if this gives you more info.

Thanks again for the response, DLT! :)

-cyn

magnified cola.JPG

im not at that stage but since its budding i wouldnt think there is a problem , i would prolly let it just do that , dunno though

Uk1 said:
im not at that stage but since its budding i wouldnt think there is a problem , i would prolly let it just do that , dunno though

Yeah, that's pretty much where my head was at.

Just wanted to check in with the grandmasters. :)

Thanks,
-cyn

Latest posts

Back