yellow tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubefuism

Reaction score
First off, thank you for reviewing this thread and trying to help me. The issue I would like to discuss is yellow leaf tips that are turning brown. The yellowing starts slowly on bottom solar leafs and will appear later on higher nodes. It appears that this has not prevented or slowed the growth. The plants are 26 days old and were fertilized with fish emulsion on day 14 and day 21. Misting is done several times a day. Lights were thought to be the problem and were raised twice so far. Watering occurs when plants are light by weight. Growing medium is JungleGrow dirt. Watered and misted with filtered water. Lights are two GE Plant bulbs with one spiral florescent bulb to suppliment. Pic 1 look about 11 o'clock. Pic 2 you are able to see the yellowing that has turned to browing. Pic 3 is the same plant, just better lighting. Pic 4 you can also see browning and yellowing, but also a small white spot that has occured. Any help or knowledge is greatly appricated. Thanks again...

P.S. Upload of pics failed...Look soon for pics...

post1.JPG

post2.JPG

post3.JPG

post4.JPG

honestly i am treating this like a ph problem, youve said youve only fed with a fish emoulsion nutrient solution which is a low dose fert. so i ask how much did you feed with and whats the ph of the runnoff?

it honestly looks like a slight nute burn but the lower fan leaf in the last pic states otherwise (lookslike its hungry).

id feed with plain water next watering and see if it doesnt clear up but thats only until we get more info....

this makes me wonder honestly....

what is the ph in the containers and whats the runnoff testing like?

have you fed with any other ferts? are you feeding tap water?

we need more info to diagnose this problem....

I did test the medium before I started the grow. The result was a 6.5-7 healthy neutral reading. The dose of fish emulsion is as directed with one tablespoon/Gal. At this point have not tested run off, but have all ways promtly drained run-off from pot holders allowing excess to run and pots never sit in water or FE. Analyisis of fert. is low not over 5%. I am not using anything eles. Harvest neptune organic. all water givin and misted is britia filtered. I am relying on the filter to bring balence to ph.

i would just feed with plain water next feeding and give a good watering. see if that doesnt clear it out. test runnoff after the watering and see whats going on in the rootzone- that will give us a number that we can work off of.

dont feed agian until we know whats going on near the roots.... less is more.

I used some of that Neptune's recently, my plants didn't like it too much....I was in hydro though. Stuff stinks to high heavens, I felt like I was going to vomit...talk about odor control

Snuggles- Yeah, it's really stinky. But the plants seemed to love it. Deep green and strong foliage shown the next day. I'm pretty heads-up about fert burn and I like the low dose. The leaves will grow in nice and healthly, then very slowly yellow at tips that slowly has delveloped into brown spots along the leafs edge.

kubefuism said:
Snuggles- Yeah, it's really stinky. But the plants seemed to love it. Deep green and strong foliage shown the next day. I'm pretty heads-up about fert burn and I like the low dose. The leaves will grow in nice and healthly, then very slowly yellow at tips that slowly has delveloped into brown spots along the leafs edge.

are the veins still green?

yes...all veins are approriate color to the side of the leaf. No concernable discoloration in stems. No brown spotting underneath leafs...

Looks like nute burn. That soil looks like garbage. For a 1 month old plant, she is really small, and the stem looks like a toothpick. Get better soil, more light, get a fan blowing on that poor thing, forget about misting them. Start from there and see what happens, happy growing.

CH- FYI There is on 6'' fan and an ionic purifier. Air flow is not an issue. The soil is not garbage, it contains those additives for aeration of the soil. The plants are 6 1/2'' and the longest single leaf is just over 3''. IMO, I'm a first time grower, try the kid gloves on a first timer...

An intressting side note, the yellowing tips are starting to droop, while the new foilage growing in is cupping up. Looks odd for a plant to be going two different ways.

For one, u should point the fan "on" your plants. U wouldn't have a weak little stem like that if the fan was pointed at your plant. Second the soil does look terrible, I think I counted 4 little pieces of perlite there, u are going to have to do better than that. For a month old plant u should see better growth than that. What is your ph at?

CH-Last test came back neutral... But I may have located the problem. The plants were due for transplant. That took place this evening. The roots were just about to reach root-lock. They were curled around the container. Gave them more room to grow, medium tested neutral before transplant, good soak. And just for you CH-, re-postioned fan, purifier, and lights. Hope that works.

Will the plants notice that we switched their regular coffee for Taster's Choice? Let's find out...

Latest posts

Back