yet another "first" grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadetree

Reaction score
Like I said here is yet another first time grow:rolleyes: . The seeds were nirvana bubblicious and white widow, 5 on the left and 5 on the right, respectively. I put the seeds into my starter sponges last thursday afternoon so they have been "in the ground" so to speak for a week and a day. I'm gonna leave them in this dwc setup until the roots reach the bottom of the reservoir and then they will be moved into the aeroponic tub underneath them there. They got their first nutrients yesterday, I'm using this 3-part system called liquid earth, haven't read anything about them on here, but I think they'll work.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
PS: to the mods, I love the site, keep up the good work!

Picture 001-1.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

yeah, but they are only gonna be in there for another week and a half or so, so I'm not worried about it. The nutrients made the water that color.

Is that in a clear tub?

I think that having light in your resevoir will cause you alot of issues.

ya, your roots shoulldnt be exsposed to light like that, i know that a no-no.
I dont know about the whole nutes thing?

Like I said, this is sort of temporary. They are only gonna be in there long enough for the roots to be long enough that the sprayers in my aero tub will reach the roots. It doesn't do any good to put them directly into an aeroponic setup if the roots are above the sprayers. If they keep growing like they have the past few days, I'll be moving them wednesday at the latest:D , so they will have been exposed to light for only 7-9 days. I believe that the only reason to keep the light off the roots is that the light promotes the growth of algae. My aeroponic setup is a blue tub and should be pretty well light-proof.

Here they are in the aeroponic tub. Weren't as many roots as I would have liked, but they are getting sprayed, so hopefully they do alright, fingers crossed. Still very light on the nutes. I'm currently working on making the dwc light-tight since those 2 will stay in there until I sex them.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Here's an update. Started LST'ing them today, the one's in the front or the right I guess in the picture had been done, I took the pictures half-way through and they are all "tied" down now.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

been awhile...had issues with our internet provider...this is from the 7th of december...

Picture 003a.jpg

After 10 days of 12/12 lighting, found out that all 5 widows and 2 of the bubblicious were males, 2 were females, and 1 was still undecided...late bloomer I guess, turned out to be female but has looked different from the rest from the get-go...these are 15 days into flower, first 2 are group shots, last 2 are the 2 tallest shoots from the bottom of the one female that outgrew the males...more recent pics to follow...

Picture 004b.jpg

Picture 005b.jpg

Picture 006b.jpg

Picture 007b.jpg

Great Job Shade....not a bad ratio really...I hope to get 30% on my grow..keep us posted the rest of the way man...

Here are some pics from a few minutes ago...I switched the lighting on the 5th so they're 22 days in...I have no idea what happened to the tall one, but it out-stretched the males after the change, maybe because of the flouros, (which were axed at about day 7 of flowering for a 400w hps), all 3 are bubblicious, the one on the bottom left, closest to the wall is the one that has looked different from the rest from the start but it now looks like it's sister to the right, and I think it may catch up in terms of size...I kept the 2 best male widows, collected pollen and I'm gonna try to get some seeds from some of the lower buds of the tall girl, I know it will be a cross of sorts, but I have to do it...
On a different note, 1 of my widows had a shoot come off from the second node from the bottom, outgrew the whole lot of plants, and 4 or 5 nodes from the top started to branch out 4 ways instead of 2, the camera was inoperable at the time I axed it, or I would have gotten pics, I may still have the stem though...is that normal? I started to try and get some pollen from it but decided not to...

Thanks to all watching,
Shadetree

P.S. there are only 3 plants in these last pics, there are 10 in the ones from a week ago...

Picture 001c.jpg

Picture 002c.jpg

Picture 003c.jpg

Picture 004c.jpg

Picture 005c.jpg

Picture 006c.jpg

another week, and a question on the flowering time, that 8-10 weeks, is that from the time you start to switch the lighting or when you see flowers really start to develop? I'll be watching the trichs anyways, just want an approximate time frame...

Picture 007-1.jpg

Picture 008-1.jpg

Picture 009-1.jpg

Picture 010-1.jpg

Don't know how long we'll be working tomorrow, so I'm gonna update a day early. The pics kinda ****, but my camera doesn't do well with the hps...

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

here's some better pics without the hps...wednesday will be 6 weeks...

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

shadetree said:
here's some better pics without the hps...wednesday will be 6 weeks...
Hey Shade, awesome job, I just saw your thread. Did you make the aeroponic blue tank system yourself? If so any pointers as I would like to make one as well. Thanks and well done. :D

kinda a random question,
but wht kinda nuets were u using in ur DWC?

Latest posts

Back