Your children and cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
So I have a 13 year old son. He is mildly autistic, so he is not like I was at 13 years old smoking pot with my older cousins.
He does know I smoke cannabis and has seen me roll joints and such and smoke with his uncle, but that's it. We have spoken about it's medicinal properties, and how each state has it's own laws currently.
I know there will come a time where he will either find out I grow or at some point I will tell him. (I would rather him find out from me vs possibly sneaking through the house and finding it on his own). I am not sure how he would react. He could possibly call the police, tell his grandmother, or even his mother.
I was wondering how you all have dealt with this in the past or how you would approach it in the future, or in my shoes.

Thanks.

My daughter grew up watching me smoke marijuana all her life. To this day she doesn't smoke. I didn't hide it from her and it didn't affect her decision to smoke in any way. I never treated it like it was something bad or needed to hide from anybody. I don't and never did think there was anything wrong with it. I actually think that is why she was never interested in it.

To each his own and that is a personal decision.

My daughter grew up watching me smoke marijuana all her life. To this day she doesn't smoke. I didn't hide it from her and it didn't affect her decision to smoke in any way. I never treated it like it was something bad or needed to hide from anybody. I don't and never did think there was anything wrong with it. I actually think that is why she was never interested in it.

To each his own and that is a personal decision.
By no means am I interested in introducing it to him. As I do not see him partaking in it but who knows. Just wondering the best way to disclose I grow without it being an issue at all.

Does he live with you?
also, are you in a legal state?
maybe you could grow some other herbs like rosemary and thyme to put you hobby in the herb category so he doesn’t think anything of it. If you are not in a legal state, it could be a problem if you think he would rat you out (meaning to or just by accident being a kid).

Does he live with you?
maybe you could grow some other herbs like rosemary and thyme to put you hobby in the herb category so he doesn’t think anything of it. If you are not in a legal state, it could be a problem if you think he would rat you out (meaning to or just by accident being a kid).
Be pretty hard to grow and keep it from a child. Like I said I was totally open about my habit. Quickest way to get a child wanting something is to hide it or deny it. Good luck.

Once my daughter was old enough to be aware, I quit. At the time, if you were white, they'd take your kids away and you had to jump through all kinds of legal hoops and spend mega bucks to get 'em back. If you were black, you could get busted selling crack and not have to worry about it. I didn't want to see my daughter traumatized in dealing with the system/foster homes, so it wasn't worth the risk. When I started back up 16 years later, I was a cheap date. You could walk me around a pack of Zigzags and I'd be stoned.
This wasn't meant to be racist; it's only facts at the time.

Once my daughter was old enough to be aware, I quit. At the time, if you were white, they'd take your kids away and you had to jump through all kinds of legal hoops and spend mega bucks to get 'em back. If you were black, you could get busted selling crack and not have to worry about it. I didn't want to see my daughter traumatized in dealing with the system/foster homes, so it wasn't worth the risk. When I started back up 16 years later, I was a cheap date. You could walk me around a pack of Zigzags and I'd be stoned.
This wasn't meant to be racist; it's only facts at the time.
I never worried about it. I live in Colorado and you only got busted if you were stupid. But now this state had gone woke......How am I supposed to tell my kid about that???/

Does he live with you?
Yes he lives with me, and no we are not legal.....yet.
Problem is, this was a problem back in 2011. I am much wearier now, and it took a long time to get back into the sport, but I just want to try and make the best approach. It's a tough subject.

Last edited:
Yes he lives with me, and no we are not legal.....yet.
Problem is, this was a problem back in 2011. I am much wearier now, and it took a long time to get back into the sport, but I just want to try and make the best approach. It's a tough subject.
Yep, I wish I was more help. Good luck…

I got something to say about this Topic but i just got back from oral surgery and i feel like Mike Tyson just smashed me in the mouth so i will be back later to blow some minds and piss some people off.

I got something to say about this Topic but i just got back from oral surgery and i feel like Mike Tyson just smashed me in the mouth so i will be back later to blow some minds and piss some people off.
Ok big. Go rinse and we will get ready. glad you’re back and wishing you an early recovery from your hard day at the office…🥰

R.png

thumb-1920-699335 (1).jpg

thanks Mang!

but alas , i was broke from drinking whiskey when i was 12

me and my two best friends challenged each other who could drink 8 ounces the fastest

i won

and i almost went to hospital with alcohol poisoning…i was lucky

ever since then just the smell of whiskey makes me gag

if i had a 10 dollar balloon of smack i would do it up,in three hits iv style….that is more how i roll

EB1AC86E-924D-411D-86BE-FC4B08AC40FF.jpeg

Yeah I am realizing I am going to have to bite the bullet here soon.
When my kids were little I told them I was growing tomatoes if they ever caught a glimpse of my grow. but At 13 my oldest son asked me flat out..."Dad, do you grow weed?"
My first instinct was to lie to him ...I started to, but then I thought about it for half a second longer and I said yes.
Then I told him why I grow and that I'm helping family members with health issues that can be addressed by using the clean and quality cannabis that I could grow for them. I told him horror stories about buying from actual drug dealers who robbed the person buying weed, etc
I explained the legalities the best I could, and the danger of talking about it to other people, ie Thier friends might actually bring cops, theives, or overly conservative family members etc.
I asked if he thought it was a bad thing that I grew for our family and he told me no, it seems like a good thing that is illegal for no reason. He agreed to keep it just in our family and not to talk about with other people.

When my kids were little I told them I was growing tomatoes if they ever caught a glimpse of my grow. but At 13 my oldest son asked me flat out..."Dad, do you grow weed?"
My first instinct was to lie to him ...I started to, but then I thought about it for half a second longer and I said yes.
Then I told him why I grow and that I'm helping family members with health issues that can be addressed by using the clean and quality cannabis that I could grow for them. I told him horror stories about buying from actual drug dealers who robbed the person buying weed, etc
I explained the legalities the best I could, and the danger of talking about it to other people, ie Thier friends might actually bring cops, theives, or overly conservative family members etc.
I asked if he thought it was a bad thing that I grew for our family and he told me no, it seems like a good thing that is illegal for no reason. He agreed to keep it just in our family and not to talk about with other people.
Just the answer I was looking for brother. Thank you.

beautiful

sorry to burst your bubble but if the bet was will the kid tell someone else?…..i would stake 90% of my stack on that wager

Latest posts

Back