More host of problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
Ok so the strange white lines have gone all away. I am positive it was from hardwater. I went and bought some water from the store and have been using that and they went bye bye.

Now though I have a host of new problems. Some of which I already know what is wrong and others I am not sure. First off the two larger plants are drooping. I am almost 100% sure I have been overwatering so I am going to be pulling way back on that.

A few other problems are the leaves are starting to fold in kind of like a hardshell tacco and I am not sure why. Also the leaves have stretched outwards so much that they are pressed up against the edge of the inside of the pot. The parts that are pressed up and kind of curled up and "died". Turned blackish brown.

Also I have noticed that sections of the leaves are starting to turn an almost see through yellow. The green pigment in the leaves is gone in certain spots. It looks almost as though the leaves have "bald spots".

I am not sure what that is.

Right now they are in about two and a half weeks in vegg. They are on a eighteen six light regimine, and the only nutes I use are the ones that come in the miracle grow three month mix.

Also, the more I am reading the more I think the tacco affect may be caused due to excessive heat. I am going to leave the door to the chamber open for the next couple of days and see how that treats me.

Hmmm. Sounds like a few problems I had... except for the hard water. I suggest always giving them a few days when you fix one problem before trying to solve another. You'd hate to be the cause of a problem. I had a lil tacoing on my leaves... have some now... they seem healthy though. What strains are yours?

It is just random bag seed, nothing specific. I am almost 100% sure that if I decrease the heat and the ammount of water they recieve they will bounce back. I water only when the soil gets dry, but maybe I should wait another day once the soil has dried up also it will be a whole day with the door open tonight so I will check what the temp is before the lights shut off. If it is at 70 or so I will keep leaving the door open until I can figure out a better way to vent.

As far as the yellow spots and the leaves browning on the tips, I have no clue. It is almost as if the green part of the leaf kind of dried up and peeled off, leaving the "flesh" underneath exposted.

I did some searching and found a picture of kind of what the problem looks like. My camera is dead right now so this is the best I have till I can get new batteries in it.

IMG_0595.jpg

Sounds like mg def. Try some epsom salt next time you feed.

I will charge my batteries tonight to give a good account of what is going on. I am having some issues with close up focusing but I think the spots are large enough that they can be seen through the eyes of the camera.

Is this a hydro or soil? And why is your ph/ph range?

I had similar problems on my first failed attempt. It arose from the extremely hard water I had. I tried to use epsom salt to help with the mg problems which were caused from the PH problems... and it just kept leading to new problems. My plant in the end ended up having minor problems relating to hard water, heat, and mg deficiencies, but the major problem which I didn't think of was root rot, which came from warm temperatures, and my reservoir flooding too high while I was gone for a period of time, and the Rockwool never dried properly.

This is soil grow action right now. I was using tap water and letting it sit out over night to get rid of some of the extras. I found out just how hard my water really is and have been using store bought water ever since. I am still letting it sit out in the open for a day before I use it. I will let the pics tonight speak for themselves and see if someone can't lead me in a more exact direction.

My thoughts are you have a ph problem. What is your ph? That could be causeing the yellowing. If it is spotty It may be like someone else said a mag. def.. The taco effect i have seen come from 2 things high nutes or heat. IMO, 55:cool:

I have been reading and reading through other problems people are having and it just seems that my problem could be a hundred different things. I really need insight of a vet. grower on this one I think.

Im reading a book I own called "The Cannabis Grow Bible" and it says when the leafs curl upwards it is most likely a deffeiciency of Magnesium. If new growth is yellow when growing it is a deficiency of sulfur. Get yourself some Superthrive and see if that helps. Or add epsom salt like said earlier.

Later:cool:

pussum said:
I have been reading and reading through other problems people are having and it just seems that my problem could be a hundred different things. I really need insight of a vet. grower on this one I think.

Always the first thing to do with any plant problems is Know your Ph is correct, if you dont know you will have problems identifing the problem as Ph lockout causes all kind of nutes to become unavailable.

I checked ph for my plants and everything is normal. I checked nute levels and the test said my phosph. was low, but I was reading the sticky and my plant isn't showing any signs of low phophs. The problem is getting worse the plant is turning yellish and holes are starting to form in the middle. The leaves are dry and crumbley in that area. I am not sure what the problem is yet.

sounds like toooo much fert,harding of the leaves ,flush with 3times water of bucket size,need to no soil an enviroment,wait 4days untill soil drys out then give only water if you have to 3/4 nutes,good luck.

I don't use fert's the only thing i use is MG 3 month deal. I have pulled way back on watering as well. Since I got my temps down the soil isn't drying out as quickly as it was.

Well, still kinda having problems with the plants. I am just watering them and not really worrying to much about it. I am pretty sure I have a diseased strain so I am just going to let it run its course and buy some reliable seeds later. One plant though, overnight, has developed some rusty spots on its leaves. I am not sure what that is from though.

i had a verry simmilar problem and for me it heat stress

i only had spots that turned brown,wen i changed my lights from 18/6 to 24 hrs.nothin else changeded...theres a good post at ic.mag in sick plant section,labeled pro-mix,about spots...peace kushy

Latest posts

Back