!000 Dual arc Plantmax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovbnstoned

Reaction score
would a 1000 dual arc PlantMax b too much fora Grow arae of 4x4 for flowering ??
i'm new at this still,, justryn to get the best i can out of my plants
all info welcome

I run a 1000watt Air cooled Hood in my 4x4 Tent.

If you can't cool it I'd say it's to much .

I believe that most here who use a 4 x 4 tent use a 1000W or 2 600w in that space. I know that most have found a single 600W not enough, light. Why the dual arc?

The 1000w dual arc is a 600w HPS tube and a 400w MH tube in the same bulb. Some people think that adding some blue spectrum along with the red helps their grow during flower. In essence being full spectrum. I have thought about and researched them, however I've never seen enough proof to warrant trying them out. Maybe someone here who has used these bulbs can chime in. IMO I would want all red during my flower cycle as I'm trying to grow the flowers not the plant itself, that's why we veg first under blue spectrum lights. And also those dual arc bulbs are more expensive. Hope I helped.

I went to look this up on Amazon to see the lumens. I had not realized that it was not actually a 1000W nbulb, but a 600W and a 400W. I figured that a 600W and a 400W would not be putting out the lumens that a 1000W does and I was correct. The one they have on Amazon (which also says that it is being discontinued by the manufacturer) is only 110,000 lumens, so using that type bulb is costing lumens--up to 40,000 lumens. Like HighBrix, I have never seen anything that convinced me that they would be worth trying, especially as they are quite expensive.

Not exactly the same as you, but I'm running a 1K HPS and 1K MH in a 4 x 8 tent. More as an accident than an experiment. Running some tangie clones. The ones under the HPS turned purple, the ones under the MH did not. I have swap their positions under the lights. But thought it was interesting.

The MH puts out more heat, could that have been a contributing factor?

Latest posts

Back