1*Blueberry (DP) & 1*The Church (GHS)/250 HPS/Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natty

Happy Grower
Reaction score
Peace and happy farmin to all:)

That's my first journal here, and I really have not enough growing expirience yet. So i need your advices and help during such action..
In this box I had grown already in DWC, but there were problems with temperature - it varied from +35 to +48 C. and I had't time to make changes to lower it. Finally, the plant nevertheless has grown up, but it was "man", so all my work was sensless. :cry:

Almost all in my grow system is hand-made. I spent about 100$ for all needs. Growbox was made of 4 doors of old wardrobe, inside pasted over by a reflective adhasive tape.
250w HPS cost 40$ - the most expensive part of my setup, the reflector was made of sheet aluminium.
As for ventilation - it's very simple and cheap - 3 PC-coolers maintain comfort temperature about +30..32 C.:cool:
At the moment both seeds had germinated, but on the surface we can see only Church.. waiting for blueberry :watchplant:

So Natty hve you fixed the temperature issues? Heat stress can definitely cause your plants to wind up male or hermie if female...Do you hve pics of your setup?

Hamster Lewis, I know about bad influence of high temperature, but it seems to me that 30 degrees on Celsium is normal for vegitative period.:) Few days earlier I added the termosteady glass under HPS. Can you advise smth to lower the temperature more? Probably i have forgotten any simple things:rolleyes:

*Certainly I have pics of my setup, but I can't post it - system says: "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more." In spite of the fact, thai I uploaded them on this sites gallery... yes, maybe i'm lamer :holysheep:

click on go advanced then manage attachments and load your pics directly to this site then they will post....

Thx, Hamster Lewis!;)

IMG_0780_.jpg

IMG_0778_.JPG

*It was first days

Now plants look so:
Blueberry - 1 week, The Church - 2 weeks

IMG_0792_.jpg

IMG_0791_.jpg

I think, plants look nice, but they grow a bit slowly.. what could be the reason? I heard, that wrong pH of soil can block receipt of nutrients. On the pack with soil was written - ph 6.0-6.5, seems that it is lower, than have to be. I have ph-tester, that I used earlier for my DWC, how I can measure pH of soil?

looking good natty. Bets on male/female, pic one female, pic two male.

kalikisu, you know, while growing under HPS, i have seen "male" just twice. It happened, only because of stress - once it was overheating, the second time because of light lack:rolleyes:
In spite of my problems, I hope this time both plants will be female:watchplant:

* Thx for comments, it's pleasantly that you're watching my growreport:):):)

Fresh photos:)
Today is 21 day of growing, I think to continue vegetation for about 10-15 days else.
Temperature is about 84-85 F. yesterday I started to water plants with 100% of calculated nute concentration in solution - plants look good, really seems no reason to worry:D

IMG_0804_.jpg

IMG_0805_.JPG

Hi to all:)
Today is the second day of flowering. After 28 days of vegetation (blueberry - 21) I decided to start 12/12, otherwise it would be difficult to grow two plants in such a small growbox in comfortable conditions. Temperature +82 now. Plants look healthy and happy:D It's a pity, that the size of growbox is a bit small for real bushes:eek:
now waiting for plants "sex" :watchplant: hope, both will be girls:cool:

IMG_0821_.JPG

IMG_0822_.JPG

IMG_0823_.JPG

you really should not plant in clear containers. Roots will not grow towards light. This is making the container much smaller if the plant cant actually use the soil to grow into. And look into SOG grows. Good for your small space.

Looking good for a hobo grow!

OGKushman, my containers are'nt clear, I have provided it - they pasted over by a reflective aluminium adhasive tape:)
as for SOG -if i have time, i'll better make SCROG for my bushes;)

For sure. It looked like a clear 1 gal container. I can see the tape now.

U should cut the tops and let sides catch up. They should be old enough to show you their sex before you put them into the 12/12 light schedule. I know on 18/6 light females will show their sex before they bud. Its called maturity.

well, i think i understand you correctly.. Usually i use cutting the top before putting plants into 12/12. This time I decided not to do this, because it cause a 5-7-day "break" in plant development (my own expirience), and now I need buds as quick, as it possible:)... Also, as I know, while a plant is flowering (=12/12) it's not a good idea to cut its top

Yeah:cool: The Church is a female:D
It's a week, since I have turned on 12/12, time for blueberry to show sex:hubba:

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_08261.jpg

Hi there!

Looking good, keep doing what you are doing. One bit of advice though, i grow with a 250w hps myself. Light does not penetrate very far, so i think it is best to cut away the lower third of the plant after a week of 12/12 (the branches i should add, i let the fanleafes stay on the plant). Those will not get enough light to amount to anything, plus it helps the aircirculation in a small space. I think most people would agree with me on this.

Take care/
k

fix heat prob, and drop light closer.....if you need to in veg, use lots of cfl, then in flower go hps.

Latest posts

Back