1000w bulb can handle how many sq ft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenguy

Reaction score
say your going for maximum yeild how many sq ft should be utilized by one 1,000w bulb, similar to this one...

hXXt://www.specialty-lights.com/1000hpskit-cb1.html"]http://www.specialty-lights.com/1000hpskit-cb1.html

Also does anyone know a good place to buy grow lights wholesale?

greenguy said:
Also does anyone know a good place to buy grow lights wholesale?
1000bulbs has the ballast for 123.00 us and the 1000w bulbs for as cheap as 28.00>>>>>>hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/1000-Watt-HPS/

Thanks hampster...now I know it would certainly depend on strain but ruff estimates of how many hydro 5gallon buckets you can put under that 1000w? call it 30ft space?

greenguy said:
Thanks hampster...now I know it would certainly depend on strain but ruff estimates of how many hydro 5gallon buckets you can put under that 1000w? call it 30ft space?

You got me there...I know if you plan on using lst or topping you need to gve them a bit of room on the sides per plant...if you reduce the height you will increase the width...

How many grow cycles can you do with a 1000w bulb before it needs to be replaced?

Thank you so much for the help Hamster...much appreciated!

greenguy said:

Besides strain, it depends on how long you veg them. I have a space that is 3 x 6.5 and generally run 6-8 plants.

Do those 1000bulbs ballasts have cases or are they bare ballasts?

Good smoking

greenguy said:

5gal buckets top out at no more than 12 inches wide.

Latest posts

Back