No lunch for him!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I took out names in the email, but this pisses me off.

Good morning,

I wanted to reach out to you with some concerns regarding my son , my son who is in 8th attending your school.
At an earlier date, (approx. 1.5 months ago) was attending Gym in class when, (from what I heard from Joseph) there was a student who was missing money and the school police searched all of the students in his class and did not allow them to attend their lunch period during that time. My son was one of the last to be searched, (which I don't agree with, but I understand how School Police can enforce issues). Regardless, no money was found, and my son was deprived from his school lunch due to being held for searching. I was not very happy with that situation, but I decided to let it go.

Today was in the lunch line and there were supposedly several people pushing each other in the line. stated he was not participating in this behavior. Joseph then stated he was picked out of the group and was told to leave the lunch line by the lunch lady. He tried to explain it to the her, ( he believes to be her name) but she would not allow him access to his school lunch. He sat down for the remainder of lunch unfed and then went to his next class, which was Language Arts, class. When Joseph got to class, he spoke to Ms. Uma, who helps him get to his classes. He explained to her what happened, and she told Joseph she was going to talk to , (the lunch lady) the following day regarding the situation.

I have a major issue with this. My son as you may know has special needs. Regardless, no student should be punished by depriving them from eating their school lunch. If there was a behavior issue it should have been handled differently by contacting the principle or teachers in the lunchroom. I was unaware that the lunch staff has the authority to punish a student for acting out in a school lunch line by not allowing them to eat.
I spoke to my son , and yes, I am sure most parents will say that their child does not lie to them, but I have never had to question credibility when it comes to telling the truth. He would probably be more likely to not tell me about the incident at all if he was at fault to avoid any discipline at home.
I would like to discuss this with whoever is in charge before I go to the School Board to express my concern.
Please contact me as soon as possible to discuss this matter.

Good morning,

I wanted to reach out to you with some concerns regarding my son , my son who is in 8th attending your school.
At an earlier date, (approx. 1.5 months ago) was attending Gym in class when, (from what I heard from Joseph) there was a student who was missing money and the school police searched all of the students in his class and did not allow them to attend their lunch period during that time. My son was one of the last to be searched, (which I don't agree with, but I understand how School Police can enforce issues). Regardless, no money was found, and my son was deprived from his school lunch due to being held for searching. I was not very happy with that situation, but I decided to let it go.

Today was in the lunch line and there were supposedly several people pushing each other in the line. stated he was not participating in this behavior. Joseph then stated he was picked out of the group and was told to leave the lunch line by the lunch lady. He tried to explain it to the her, ( he believes to be her name) but she would not allow him access to his school lunch. He sat down for the remainder of lunch unfed and then went to his next class, which was Language Arts, class. When Joseph got to class, he spoke to Ms. Uma, who helps him get to his classes. He explained to her what happened, and she told Joseph she was going to talk to , (the lunch lady) the following day regarding the situation.

I have a major issue with this. My son as you may know has special needs. Regardless, no student should be punished by depriving them from eating their school lunch. If there was a behavior issue it should have been handled differently by contacting the principle or teachers in the lunchroom. I was unaware that the lunch staff has the authority to punish a student for acting out in a school lunch line by not allowing them to eat.
I spoke to my son , and yes, I am sure most parents will say that their child does not lie to them, but I have never had to question credibility when it comes to telling the truth. He would probably be more likely to not tell me about the incident at all if he was at fault to avoid any discipline at home.
I would like to discuss this with whoever is in charge before I go to the School Board to express my concern.
I’m sorry this happened to your son. I’m sure depriving a student from lunch is not a school policy and the lunch lady and whomever else was evolved in that should be talked to about it so they think twice before doing that again to him or another student.

Depriving food is abuse. There are laws regarding depriving children of food that define it as abuse. Please mention the word abuse when you talk to whoever you need to talk to. I promise you will be met with agreement

Good morning,

eff with my lunch and I will start planning and its not going to go well.

Latest posts

Back