12 Hours of NO light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrtlgt

Reaction score
Greetings to all;
I’m a newbie at this, so please be patient.
My question comes from too much reading and pondering, mostly the pondering.
In the Flowering (Budding) stage;
12 hrs on – 12 hrs off for lighting;
Some say (very STRONGLY I might add); “Absolutely NO light should be permitted during the off period as the plants may get confused and revert back to the vegetative state”.
Others say; “Just think of marijuana growing in the wild”, “try to mimic nature”…
How do marijuana plants handle the moon-light? Or, are they all confused?
Seriously, can a “Very Small” amount be permissible?

Jeff

You really want no light leaks during flowering. It's not the flashes of light bout the constant that will reveg it.

No light means no light. The light from the moon has no effect on mj plants

The moon light is a reflection of the sun. It is not strong enough to trigger reveg.. I may be wrong, but I dont think it reflects most of the spectrums. A very small amount of light probably wont hurt much, but why take the chance? If you need to go in at lights off time, than get a green light.:cool: OH NO the green light thing again.:rolleyes: :holysheep:

Moonlight doesnt count, its not a light source, its just sunlight reflecting on the moon.
i dont know why exactly but i dont question Mother Nature.

As said above No light in the dark period is the only way to go.

of course you have have minimal amounts of light.

no more light than moonlight lol
and less than 4 minutes

my memory bank tells me a mere 4 minutes of light exposure (during sleepy cycle) will start to stimulate vegging

good luck! and let them sleep!

destroyer

Going into reveg is the least of your worries. Light stress--light leaks and/or interruptions during the dark period are a leading cause of hermies. Any experienced grower will tell you that you want absolute 100% dark for 12 uninterrupted hours for flowering (no autos).

Hemp Goddess is spot on.

Not to mention all the hair you will lose as you try to figure out why in god's name haven't your buds finished flowering after 2 years, and why oh why are they full of leafy green seed filled bud.

The light of the moon is comparable to a single candle burning inside a warehouse.

Believe it or not, the light from a few small pinholes is more measurable light than the moon reflects to the earth on average every night.

Light leaks are a no no.

Latest posts

Back