150W HPS light bulb??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenspyz7

Reaction score
Hello all i recently purchased this 150w light setup from ebay and i recently looked for a replacement bulb and none of them look the same as this one they are all a lot fatter. When i emailed the guy who sold it to me and asked what type it was he gave a bullshit reply of "150watts, and it needs to have the same screw". I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of bulb or type this is by the picture or the info and where i could purchase one. Any and all advice would be helpful thanks

The info listed is as follows:

150W High Pressure Sodium Bulb:
  • Power: 150 watts (High efficiency)
  • Expected Life Span: 24,000 hours
  • Lumen: 15,000 lumens
  • Color Temperature: 2,000K
  • Contains more red spectrum, which is best for flowering.
  • Non-luring insects
  • Strong power to penetrate fog
  • High output, high Luminescence Efficiency
  • Fits all standard 150 watts HPS grow light systems
  • Fit for the Heliophile, such as Rose and Camellia, which grows better at longer sunshine time.
150W Digital Electronic Ballast:
  • High power 150 watts
  • Fit for 150 watts High Pressure Sodium Lamps or 150 watts Metal Halide Lamps
  • Pass FCC and CC Certificate
  • Low Noise
  • Energy saving and environmental friendly
  • Stabilize input power and output luminous flux
  • Reduce wastage and improve usable efficiency of power supply equipment capability
  • Shielded component to protect against Radio Frequency Interference to other equipment
  • Prevent the electricity from striking the bulb repeatedly and make the bulb nigrescence prematurely
  • Protect your eyes when continually working
  • Researched and invented in Germany
  • Rated Power: 150 watts
  • Specified Frequency: 50Hz
  • Working Voltage Range: 120V/240V
  • Working Environment Temperature: (-25-60) degree Centigrade
  • The High Temperature of Outer Cover: 35 degree Centigrade
  • Install Space Requirement: 6-1/4in. x 3-1/8in. x 2-3/4in. (16cm x 8cm x 7cm)
  • With a 6-1/2ft. power cord to wall

rollitup2.jpg

rollitup3.jpg

Hi,

From the info your provided I can see that your ballast will operate a 150w hps OR a 150w MH bulb. I've seen 150w hps bulbs that look like the one in your pic but I looked at the Home Depot website and they have a hps that is fatter... so they must come in both sizes. All the bulbs I saw at online grow sites looked like the fatter type of hps. If you have an indoor gardening store they would sell a hps that would probably have a little better spectrum than the Home Depot bulbs but that's only a guess... HD sells theirs for $21 and my local hydro stores website has them for $23 so if you have a local grow shop stop in and they probably have them in stock... or Google it and pick your supplier.

Happy Growing!:cool:

They do not need to look the same if they are 150W HPS or MH. You have an electronic ballast, so it will fire either HPS or MH bulbs. In higher wattages, HPS bulbs are generally long and skinny like the one pictured, however in lower wattages, many of the HPS bulbs are shaped more like bulbs.

As little as ~$7.00 hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/150-Watt-HPS/

E39 is the standard size Lamp socket. dont get the ones with the built in ignitor.

Latest posts

Back