20/4 Light cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King

King
Reaction score
I've heard of the 18/6 and 24/0 light cycles. What benefit if any, would a 20 on and 4 off cycle promote?

King said:
I've heard of the 18/6 and 24/0 light cycles. What benefit if any, would a 20 on and 4 off cycle promote?

your plants get more light.. for one :D .. as well as its supose to reduce strech.. some do it to save "power".. i like to veg 24/0 goes a lil quicker ..
LH

It really comes down to saving power and the amount that your plants stretch during veg. I run 24/0 and have notice that my plants grow fuller and thicker with less stretch and in about the same amount of time if not less.

King said:

Would seem to be a good compromise and know of one that does it with good results.

I believe plants should have a dark period, but that's just me personally. I'm running closer to a 19/5 right now.

DD

The other night while i was trying to LST some of my girllie i accidentally snapped one there necks. I freaked out because i didn't have any thing to seal the roots, any heat pads...nada. I trimmed the leaves (didnt trim the branches though) and stuck the end in a rapid rooter plug..i threw that in a dixie cup with some Roots Organic. Is she going to make it? I can post some pics tomorrow. I run a 4*4*6 tent with a 1000w hps 6in blower 18in fan soil...ph steady 6.4-6.8 [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Any help will be much appreciated [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]

123.jpg

looking good.. she should make it.. its just another clone.. treat her as if she was another.. other then that they look alright..
LH

You have no idea how good it is to hear someone say that. I understand why people always post the same questions...people just want to hear that they are doing a good job.

Latest posts

Back