2nd grow, Greenhouse seeds FEM Great White Shark - Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thcgod

Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen... I have taken on another adventure.
Here you can see pics from my last grow (grown from 90 dollar ounce bag seed)
hXXp://www.420genetics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3669

The Kit

The Nutrients

Now my new grow:
6 "Afgui" Bag Seed (Afgan x Gooey)
and 2 Feminized GWS from Greenhouse Seeds Co.
GWS info.....
1st prize Bio HTCC 1997

Pedigree:
Super Skunk, Brazilian
and South Indian.

Strength:
Seductive stoned feeling
that has the strength of
jaws.... red eyes and soft knees!
THC: 14.0%
CBD: 1.7%
CBN: 0.6%

Flowering time:
Indoor: will be ready in 50
days with a yield of 500 to
800 gr/sqm.
Outdoor: finishes in the
Northern emisphere by
end September, while in
the Southern hemisphere
it will be ready by
March/April.
8 Gallons... PH is currently 5.90
///////////////////////////////////////////////

Question:
Can someone explain to me how to use a PPM meter.. it is coming in the mail but I have three different ferts I mix together in the res. Do I just put a certin amout so the PPM is high (as in lots of ferts in the water) ?

Also: its 87-93F at all times when the light is on... is that ok?

HELP! The underside of my plants are turning purple starting from the root going to the leaves... the plants look BEAUTIFUL from the top.. (just like in the pics above) but they are turning dark purple underneath.. it looks beautiful ... are they THAT dank its only been 7 days.. or does that have to be a deficiency?

I am only using like 1/2 strength formula but it is only a week in.. does it not have enough?

We need some pictures buddy. That would help us to diagnose your problem. Also, please don't link to other websites. Thanks and good luck with your grow my friend. Take care.

Day 8
Res: 8 gallons
Room temp 86F
Res Temp 82.4F

Right now all the plants are drooping, I replaced the res with ONLY tapwater, and lowered the ph to 5.5, and have had that for the last 6 hours. The bottom leaves (first set) on some were turning yellowish and had tiny brown/dead spots on them, i think I had too many nutes before.. but now ph is low (but rises slowly) and it is just water to flush them.. is that ok? After a day should I add 1/4 strength nutes?

pics...
These are the two gws.. they look good, the bagseed (all other plants) are the ones that are messed up... But still look at that right one, its leaves are drooping.
15.jpg

Some Yellowing - one is still so small.. they were all planted at the same time
24.jpg

The most damaged... but it is the biggest. See those brown spots? I just cleaned the res and ONLY have water in the res now at 5.5 ph. - will that flush it?
33.jpg

Once again gws that look good even though other ones are messed up.. but underneath the left gws is dark purple, but it is not getting worse since I changed the res. But it is much lighter green then all the other ones (left one) Please explain how to use the PPM meter with the ferts... here is my fert feeding chart... how much would you use?
http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/PDF_Files/technaflora_mixingchart.pdf
42.jpg

looking good is this your first hydro grow? how hard has it been for you till this point anyways youre doing a good job either way keep it up and keep it green man ;)

yes this is my first grow, it has been hard though! Ph is insane to keep down... and these plants seem to grow very slow and I am over ferting etc... I guess I really need this PPM meter (coming in the mail)

yea that should help quite a bit ill hit you up in a week and see how easier its gotten im just thinkin of maybe doing a dwc grow so i would like to know anyways youre doing a great job without one keep it up man :)

Day 10
Res: 8 gallons
Room temp 83F
Res Temp 79F
PPM of Nutes = 150

OK I have the ppm meter... the tap water is 190 ppm (starting PPM), with nutes im at 330 now.. so low its nutes...and the yellowing you see is from the previous res setup with too much nutes.. should I just start at 200 ppm (ferts) and add 100ppm a week? the tops of the plants are very small, but the leaves are perfect and green... so hopefully its coming along...

I added another fan but HOW DO I LOWER RES TEMPS??!!!? For some reason there is this 'goo' all over the inside of the res, coating pretty much everything, including the root cube of the plants... (the goo is clogging the tubes but it still works.. ill just clean them out though) is that ok? or is that some disease... everything looks fine ph is 5.5, room temp 83F... it was 74 yesterday... REs temp 26.2C

So yea should I leave at 330 ppm or add some more nutes...
Updated pics...

17.jpg

26.jpg

An Afgui Bagseed
62.jpg

2 more afgui
53.jpg

3 more afgui
35.jpg

recovering afgui
43.jpg

NOTE: I noticed the PPM is going down, (dropped 30 ppm in the last few hours)... I assume that that is the ferts being eaten by the plants? so should I continue to add ferts and keep it close to 400 for two weeks, then bump it up

WOW
Did alot of work today

Day 11
I cleaned out the old kit, got all new piping, works perfect.. got a 18 gal res, cut holes, put cups in (now sealing them with tape), but its sick, I have a silver tube going into the side of res as u can see - blowing in cool air all the time. the water temp is 68, nute ppm of 150, I am not using the other ph down, I will wait until I get this Acid stuff... may take a few days the ph is high 7's but the pumps are off.. Ill hand water them. But with the new ph down stuff and bacteria stuff it should be flawless... (oh, and low temps :blaze: )

18.jpg

Latest posts

Back