4Ft Floros vs cfl's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxeaglepilot

Reaction score
had a decent small closet crop going but it seemed a little thin, like it was reaching for more light. always tried to keep 4 ft, floros around 2-3 inches above plant and as plant grew formed an arc with four lamps (8) bulbs. Still a little thin and not as bushy as when younger. Produced some very sticky buds. Not very many. so I added 2 Higher lumin CFL lights on the floor aiming under the overgrowth. they all started to golden, then dry out. even with spraying the leaves every day. Mostly plain water, bout once a week ad a small amount of liquid fert, as a leaf feed. finaly shut down cfls. Were they to close, should I angle them from the sides, at a further distence? there all healthy now. just not as thick as I had looked for.:confused:

Light from underneath does not do any thing, leaves use light on the topside. spraying the leaves with fert is probably not a good idea either. Placing the cfls on the side might help a little with the lower buds, but if you want tight heavy buds (say it with me) H. P. S. Good luck with your project.

Thanks smoky. Just trying to stay under the electrical co. radar! But I can do this...H.P.S. got it.

As they said,,HPS,,,but if your using Floras,,make sure you keep some CFL's down in the Canopy. Not under the Canopy. My buds are looking OK for Floras,,,but I am still jealous of the HPS yeild. I just dont have the spare buks to upgrade right now.But theres nothing like smoking your own Herb.:D
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=408130&postcount=1

i use 2 4 foot floros and 6 cfls in my veg are and they seem to do great for veg. here how i hang mine. i have a 4 foot 2 bulb floro then i have 3 cfls spaced out the lenght of the floro then my 2nd 4 foot 2 bulb floro and 3 more cfls. the cfls hang lower than the floros so i have light closer between the rows of plants.

I keep saying H.D.S. because im holding in this huge bong hit. aaaahhhwwewww. There you go H P S

Thanks to all. Im lucky enough to have an electrition friend, who is very helpful. to the store this weekend ill keep ya upto date so you can keep up and running. Thanks again!......HDS that was funny.

Latest posts

Back