Aerial pot search begins in Kentucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
[FONT=arial,helvetica][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Kentucky State Police began joint air and ground marijuana eradication efforts this week, making a related arrest and substantial find Monday after spotting from above an illegal pot patch near Battle Training Road.

According to KSP Post 4 spokesman Bruce Reeves, 212 illegal plants found Monday belonged to Mark T. Heady — a 39-year-old Elizabethtown man renting a home and property on Battle Training Road.

Heady was taken into custody Monday evening and jailed on felony charges of cultivating and trafficking marijuana, and a weapons charge. According to a KSP news release, Heady has a prior felony conviction making possession of a firearm illegal.

The annual eradication efforts by Post 4 employ a Bell UH-1 helicopter flying over an eight-county region. A spotter trained to identify the illegal plant from above is part of the flight crew.

Once the location of a suspected pot patch is identified from the air, a ground team is sent in to investigate, seize or destroy plants, and make any arrests.

Outdoor plants found in early summer rarely have produced marijuana buds – the part of a plant containing the highest concentration of pot’s active ingredient, delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. Because of the lack of buds, marijuana found during early summer eradication efforts can be cut and left on the ground to die.

Post 4 typically has use of the helicopter for about three separate weeks each year, including fall months when mature outdoor pot can be found.

Flying in and out of Elizabethtown’s Post 4 at the intersection of Interstate 65 and U.S. 62, and regional airports for refueling, the helicopter is highly visible to motorists and residents throughout the eradication effort.

The helicopter also is used by other KSP posts statewide for the same purpose.

Last year’s first week of eradication resulted in the destruction of more than 2,500 plants at 67 different plots, four arrests, 13 criminal charges filed and seizure of two animal traps, two pounds of processed marijuana and 17 grams of methamphetamine found during the execution of a search warrant at one suspected grower’s home.

hxxp://shuurl.com/F5385
[/FONT]

yeh but mj is evil, and they are saving peoples lives! long live government regulated and taxed alchol.

THANKS for posting that valuable info. Im in NC and have seen a big green heli flying low and slow every summer. Soon as I read this post, i removed my 13 WW's from the upper deck down to the lower deck, They'll be coming indoors to flower in four more weeks.

Scary, those helis.

Lass

mrkingford said:
Only 2,500 plants and 2lbs. of weed in 67 properties.
That's ONLY 37 plants per property and and .48 oz. of weed per property.
How much did the helicopter crew cost, the maintainence, FUEL ?
More coward failure cops hard at work.

I have a friend who just became the first Taxi in my little bitty southern town. He had planned on amking a good living taking drunks home.

To his surprise, drunks think drunk thoughts, such as, "
Im FINE! I kin drive...better than sober people can walk...Where's my fuggin keys?"

Sadly, the local cops seem to have less interest in ticketing/arresting drunk drivers than spending gazillions flying around in a heli huntimg for the Evil Weed.

Ive been stoned since 1969 and have yet to feel an urgent need to get in a car and kill a few folks. Nor to stick up a 7-11, nor to beat the crap out of my family members or spouse.
I have, however raped the hell out of a quart of Hagen Daas on more than one occasion.

I have, and I confess it, eaten an entire pack of Oreos. With milk. I have, god forgive me, squirted food coloring into the toilet to watch the pretty colors swirl around. I am a dangerous *****. I have lit fire to those plastic thingies that come around a six pack and called them, "Voopers" as they melted and burned simultaneously, making flowing Firefalls... and thought it "groovy, man.".

Im just an ole outlaw, I reckon.
Citizens HIDE YOUR OREOS! THERE IS A DOPE SMOKER ON THE LOOSE!

Lassie

LassChance said:
I have, and I confess it, eaten an entire pack of Oreos. With milk. I have, god forgive me, squirted food coloring into the toilet to watch the pretty colors swirl around. I am a dangerous *****. I have lit fire to those plastic thingies that come around a six pack and called them, "Voopers" as they melted and burned simultaneously, making flowing Firefalls... and thought it "groovy, man.".

Im just an ole outlaw, I reckon.
Citizens HIDE YOUR OREOS! THERE IS A DOPE SMOKER ON THE LOOSE!

Lassie

Haha, LC, you sound like a lotta fun! :)

Cheers from another "ole outlaw" :)

This is crazy--the country's going to hell in a hand basket, a person can't buy a job, the market's in the toilet, the housing industry's destroyed, and there's not a full set of teeth in Kentuckey and they waste their money on WHAT? A feakin Huey.

It's like that Orbitz commercial with the hover-craft but with a one tooth bubba at the stick. Oh my.

PencilHead said:
This is crazy--the country's going to hell in a hand basket, a person can't buy a job, the market's in the toilet, the housing industry's destroyed, and there's not a full set of teeth in Kentuckey and they waste their money on WHAT? A feakin Huey.

It's like that Orbitz commercial with the hover-craft but with a one tooth bubba at the stick. Oh my.

:rofl: you said it brotha..

If the gov't put half the energy in getting the job market straighten out as they will finding a little weed. The US would not be in such sorry shape. They would rather the money went to other countries than US citizens.

Everyone be careful with your outdoor crops. Just my thoughts. Thanks for the story FruityBud. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back