Anyone Remember The '70s??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
Went hot-potting (skinny-dipping in the hot pools) many times at Yellowstone.

Pics....or it didn't happen.....:hubba:

oh gosh the 70's , moon landings, hr puffen stuff wichipoo the waltons, "goodnight Johnboy" Monty Pythons Flying Circus the Sony and Cher show, skate boards, doing the baby sitter er i mean helping the baby sitter

well i was only born in 74 but still remember things like supertramp, record players, 8 tracks, station wagons, rubix cub, the clothes, everyone smoked & in the homes with kids, while eating lol. or in restaraunts, smokeng sections, with no dividers
punch bugs (vw) lava lamps, muscle cars, black & white tvs, and alot of stuff almost all of you said.
i wish i did woodstock, but i ran raves in toronto in 92, kinda the same hazey daze, lol

Born in 67.I remember going to the arcade and playing pinball,and foosball,and skateboarding.First time i smelled weed was when i was collecting money at a costomers house who i used to deliver the phoenix gazette.I would get up at 3 a.m. and ride around through the city streets delivering papers and listeneng to ted nugent on my 8 track player taped to my handelbars.Went to the state fair tonight and some young dude was acting like he was humpin his tedy bear that he had won.Man i wont even let my kids out of my site and one is 16 and one is 14 things sure have changed.

Body on tap & gee your hair smells terrific shampoo.

Drive in movies

The Hemp Goddess said:
An ounce was called a lid and we could get a brick of mexican (a kilo) for around $200. I was introduced to Thai-stick and wonderful strains with names like Acapulco Gold and Panama Red.
You and I are about the same age with the same memories. The first thing you had to do when you got the lid home was to get the stems and seeds out. We were awestruck the first time we saw sensimilla. There was no internet and very little info about MJ. We had no idea how they grew seedless weed.

Oh, I actually burned a draft card in college! It was the thing to do at the time.

"Great music and great concerts--cheap."

I remember it was about 6 bucks for a concert ticket.

One of the best concerts I went to was Boz Skaggs (opening act), Fleetwood Mac, and the Eagles at Foxboro Stadium in Massachusetts, all at one show. 6 bucks.

I remember saying that when cigarettes went to 50 cents a pack I would quit. Frisbee was a big deal. Streaking at college. You could buy a killer stereo at Tech Hi-Fi for 300 bucks (individual floor speakers, a receiver, and a turntable). I remember Bruce Springsteen's first album coming out, 1973 I think. Gas lines. Viet Nam war ending under Nixon. Fonzie. FM radio where they played an entire album. Head shops. Acapulco Gold 35 dollars an ounce. Window Pane. AMC Gremlin. Archie Bunker. Nation wide 55 mph speed limit. Muhammad Ali and Howard Cosell. Monday Night Football.

Simpler times. Doing some bong hits and kicking back listening to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon. The Yes Album. Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys. Schlitz beer. 2 dollar six-packs. Radial tires.

On and on . . . .

Vietnam ended under Johnson -- my memory of the 70s is like trying to remember a dream. I was so high on a plethora of psychedelic drugs it's all a blur, but I remember Vietnam pretty good -- getting shot in a foreign jungle is hard to forget...

Peace and love

Born in 63, so some of the seventies I remember: girls riding in their boyfriends car with their bare feet hanging out the window,playing tennis in the street, having patches on everything, jean jackets,pall mall reds, laugh-in, reinacting woodstock in our front yard with my sisters record player up in a bedroom window and we'd play the album, jumping ramps, frisbees, don kirschners rock concert and midnight special, early snl.....
:48:
ODF

HemperFi said:
Vietnam ended under Johnson -- my memory of the 70s is like trying to remember a dream. I was so high on a plethora of psychedelic drugs it's all a blur, but I remember Vietnam pretty good -- getting shot in a foreign jungle is hard to forget...

Peace and love

Now that I think on it, that was the 80s -- oops :)

"Viet Nam ended under Johnson"

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War#Exit_of_the_Americans:_1973.E2.80.931975

Oh man I miss the 70s lol :holysheep: you all forgot boons farm strawberry wine and olympia beer.

snowdancer said:
Oh man I miss the 70s lol :holysheep: you all forgot boons farm strawberry wine and olympia beer.

Yup, and I remember you couldn't buy Coors beer east of the Mississippi River.

BoneMan1000 said:
Yup, and I remember you couldn't buy Coors beer east of the Mississippi River.

I remember my cousins driving a van to missouri, filling it to the ceiling with coors, then driving back and they would have Christmas in July-lol

:48:

ODF

snowdancer said:
Oh man I miss the 70s lol :holysheep: ...boones farm strawberry wine ...

I spent many a night in my basement with friends drinking this .... and the drinking age was 18

the 70's lets see, we were walking on the moon,M.A.S.H. was on the tube, i like colonel Striker takes a cigar out of Henrys mouth says as he grinds it out in his hand "dont you know these things are bad for your health" lmao so dam funnie, had my skate board fell and chipped my tooth, saw StarWars stoned to the gills wow what a ride.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I graduated from High school in 1970--it was the start of my adult life.

I spent a lot of time at Yellowstone Park and Jackson, Wy--they were only a little over an hour away. Went hot-potting (skinny-dipping in the hot pools) many times at Yellowstone. My best friend and I got kicked out of the Million Dollar Bar in Jackson. I got married, I had kids, I got divorced, I moved.

An ounce was called a lid and we could get a brick of mexican (a kilo) for around $200. I was introduced to Thai-stick and wonderful strains with names like Acapulco Gold and Panama Red.

The Vietnam War ended. The voting age was lowered to 18. We had big, fast cars. The gas/oil crisis caused many of us to give up those muscle cars. The Watergate scandal resulted in Nixon resigning and for the first time in our history, we had a president we did not elect. Great music and great concerts--cheap.

I spent my late teens and most of my 20s in the 70s. It was a great time for me.

Showing yur age thier THG.:D Course yur also showing mine too.;)The Lid thingy will do it every time.

Latest posts

Back