Anyone seen these yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
hXXp://www.eyehortilux.com/

[FONT=&#65325]"The EYE Super Blue lamp features the extraordinary power of Super HPS and the balanced spectrum of Hortilux Blue in one bulb! The benefits of Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium together: vigorous growth, accelerated development, and hearty flowering! The lamp’s unmatched energy spectrum provides the optimum light for plant growth through the entire growth cycle."[/FONT]
[FONT=&#65325][/FONT]
[FONT=&#65325]This is what the guy at the hydro store was trying to get me to buy.....[/FONT]

They look cool for sure, I just can't stomach the price at the moment...

blancolighter said:
They look cool for sure, I just can't stomach the price at the moment...

Thats why I didn't purchase that one, and I hadn't seen them before.

<--- buying a 4x2 reflective elliptical hood with two of these 600w combo bulbs run off one ballast.

That will be own. cant wait till harvest baby

Dont think you are. Pretty sure that bulb only comes in 1k watt.

I have one. Its working pretty good but I have nothing to compare it to because its my first time.

i find one HUGE flaw with this product. It is a 1,000 watt bulb (only size it comes in), yet... "Exclusive Iwasaki chemistry and global lighting technology combines to deliver 110,000 initial lumens"...

ONLY 110,000 lumens????? That is pretty weak for a 1,000 watt bulb. I know it is all about usable light, but most 1,000 watt HPS bulbs fall in the 140,000 lumen range. Heck, 600 watt HPS bulbs come in at 90-95k lumens. There really is no difference between 600 and 1,000 watt HPS lights as far as the power used to watts produced ratio is concerned. So I stick with 600's, less heat. I could not justfy using a 1,000 watt bulb at 110,000 lumens when my 600's are pushing 90k+....I would always just use more 600's than use 1,000's.

It is because they are using half the bulb as MH. If you look at an MH bulb vs. an HPS of the same wattage the MH will be alot less.

thats quoted from the NATIONAL GARDEN CATALOG WHOLESALE- RETAIL CATALOG FOR 2008 word for word! but the [ hortilux-blue daylight metal halide exclusive from eye ] has a much bigger spectral distribution shown against the plant sensitivity curve, except for a couple of spikes in the yellow area the rest really isnt that imprssive for the price on the super blue, but the eye comes in 250-400 and 1000w. the price is the same on the 1000 and is only 80,000 compared to 110,000 lumens i think you would do much better with the EYE because of how much more there was on the spectrum chart all the across the chart it runs at about 50% from the purple spectrum to the red with a spike all the way up to 100 in the blue area, i think it is very impressive , and for the 400w. it is $124.95 only 29,00 lumens, the 250w.is 119.95 18,000 lumens, im going to add to my 600 h.p.s that has a sunmaster super deluxe bulb 92,000 lumens plus 10% more lite as the box said, with a 400w metal halide with that bulb, even with less lumens then id like, it should make up big time!! it saya on the lower part of the ad it says the hortilux-blue from eye is used in plant physiological research, and biotechnology/pharmacology industries, so if good for that then ill give it a try! it should do EXCELLENT!! just thought id through that out there since i have the magazine. bathroom reading lol stay green!!!!

Latest posts

Back