Apple approves iPhone marijuana app on medical grounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Apple has approved an iPhone and iPod application designed to help marijuana users find suitable supplies.

The catch, the application points to medical suppliers and not the decidedly dodgy types spotted hovering outside dark doorways late at night.

Cannabis for iPhone and iPod touch offers locations to medical cannabis collectives and cooperatives, doctors, clinics, attorneys, organisations, and other patient services in the thirteen states that have passed medical marijuana (cannabis) legislation in the US.

Users have the ability to search by city and zip code, while information is continuously updated and supplied by iMedicalCannabis.org and the Patient ID Center.

For those travelling further afield, and possibly of more use to those outside the US, Cannabis promises to locate the nearest legal cannabis 'coffee' shop.

Coming soon say the makers will be the addition of cannabis related news, menus, reviews and videos.

Available from the Apple iTunes App Store Cannabis costs £1.79 and requires the iPhone 3.0 Software Update.

hxxp://shuurl.com/P5826

I would have been suprised if Jobs wouldn't have allowed this app.

I am more suprised that you can't hit a combo of keys and the phone gives you a hit of acid.

I love my Iphone. I got one when they first came out. I couldn't imigine not having one now.

Whatever, why do phones need to do anything more than make phone calls? I'll be happy when the manafacturers stop all these stupid apps and make a phone that gets great reception. That used to be the main focus and the biggest reason to buy a phone, the reception and range capabilities. Instead you pay hundreds for a phone that does 1000 different things but still I can't make a decent call from the bathroom.:D

MMJ app, wow now I have seen it all when it comes to that Iphone.

The app is pretty cool. It shows you any dispensaries or Doctors or Lawyers that are around you. It was 2 bucks.

NorCalHal said:
I love my Iphone. I got one when they first came out. I couldn't imigine not having one now.
I have the 3G and I will never go through life NOT having a phone like this. I am posting from it right now......

SherwoodForest said:
Whatever, why do phones need to do anything more than make phone calls? I'll be happy when the manafacturers stop all these stupid apps and make a phone that gets great reception. That used to be the main focus and the biggest reason to buy a phone, the reception and range capabilities. Instead you pay hundreds for a phone that does 1000 different things but still I can't make a decent call from the bathroom.:D
yeah, I agree with you on the reception thing, but at least I can ask a question on here when I am crawling around my plants on the floor :)

SherwoodForest said:

I hear ya Sherwood, but the benefits far outwiegh the cons, at least for me, with the Iphone. I only have reception issues raely, but other friends have them too with just regular phones.

I just searched for "marijuana" on the app store and there are a couple other similiar apps.

I guess I sounded like a bitter old fart, truth is I would like an Iphone, it's just that change is so scary.:D

Change?

or Progress?

I am waiting untill they work out all the kinks and offer it on more than one network.

Then I am part og the apple crowd as well.

...do I get that cool sticker to put on my car to show off how progressive I am?

Latest posts

Back