are these lights good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankerthc

Reaction score
  1. i have a 4 lamp t8 32 watt 6500k lamps. one 23 watt 6500k cfl and one 45 led flood light blue spectrum. the plants are 5 weeks old and they are roughly 9 inches tall.

they could use more intensity from an HID, but they will work. When switch to flowering, use a HPS and nothing else. Budding under flourescent will yield you lightweight, loose nugs.

The primary goal in lighting for plants is to provide two things:

1. The correct amount of plant usable lumens.

2. The correct spectrum of light for the stage of growth.

I see that you've got the spectrum in mind, but I think you may be missing the attention you need to the amount of lumens needed.

It's a simple thing to figure out.

5,000 lumens for every square foot of plant canopy is what you should strive to reach. 3,000 will suffice if that's all you can afford.

If you add the lumen output of each of your lights together, what is the total lumens of your current group of lights?

With each of your plants pulled together until the plants are just touching and forming a solid canopy, what square footage do they occupy?

(If you don't know how to calculate square footage, just post the measurements of the space your plants take up when viewed from above. Measure all four sides and post the results like: This is the sides and this is the top and bottom.

Latest posts

Back