Authorities find pot while fighting fire in Fresno, CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allgrownup

Rule #1. Tell No one Rule #2. Do not burn down your house! LOL

October 30, 2007 2:26 PM
FRESNO (AP) -- A Fresno man faces charges after firefighters find more than 800 marijuana plants growing in a vacant house.
Authorities arrested Andy Lieng after firefighters found the pot plants when they responded to a fire at a vacant home owned by Lieng.
Deputies later went to a second home owned by Lieng, where they say they found an additional 900 marijuana plants.
The 39-year-old Lieng was booked on two counts of cultivation of marijuana, two counts of cultivation of marijuana for sale and other charges.
Investigators say the vacant home where the fire occurred had been converted into a greenhouse with special lighting fixtures used to grow the plants. The fire was caused by overloaded electrical lines, Fresno fire officials reported.
document.write(unescape(xtraFacts)); init_Img();
han 800 marijuana plants growing in a vacant house.
Authorities arrested Andy Lieng after firefighters found the pot plants when they responded to a fire at a vacant home owned by Lieng.
Deputies later went to a second home owned by Lieng, where they say they found an additional 900 marijuana plants.
The 39-year-old Lieng was booked on two counts of cultivation of marijuana, two counts of cultivation of marijuana for sale and other charges.
Investigators say the vacant home where the fire occurred had been converted into a greenhouse with special lighting fixtures used to grow the plants. The fire was caused by overloaded electrical lines, Fresno fire officials reported.
document.write(unescape(xtraFacts)); init_Img();

http://recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071030/A_NEWS/71030021/-1/rss02

Let's guess how many lights were used on the 800 plant jobbie.
I say 30-40 if he was using HPS.
Too much for a 200 amp box, no?

He should have had them on all timed on different times during the day. When one room of plants is on, another room is off. Another way would have been to install some gfi's, but thats only a small fix. He should have extended his panel box out and had an additional panel box installed.

Having an additional panel box installed is quite common for people who buy spa'a and hot tubs. Alot of homes aren't wired to carry the current needed for a spa or hot tub, which makes it a perfect disquise. That or you can say you just installed 8 new ovens, 5 new dishwashers, 8 electric, and 5 new air conditioners, but who would believe that right? lol.

He shouldnt have been growing that much anyways....thats just retarded...lol

Nova

Yeah a bud of mine had an old hot tub, and when he started his grow, he had three, i think 100w switchables, not sure though, i know they were switchable, and he shut off his hot tub, no change in the electric bill. Gotta be smart about these things man.

Latest posts

Back