Average percentage of THC in samples of seized marijuana, 1985-2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
fig6.jpg

In fact, average potency of all tested samples has increased 52.4 percent (from 5.34 percent THC to 8.14 percent) just within the past 5 years.

GLAD TO SEE WE ARE IMPROVING OUR SKILLS:ccc:

Ok, now let's all of us work to get it to 100%.

Oh man! Hhahahaahaha

Cyberquest glad to see the bud is getting better, and better. Now all we have to do is get it legalized. :D

..but do you suppose the those stats are a "true reflection" of an increase in potency?.....OR...a result of more "home grown" being grown/confiscated, rather than the mex commercial?..

...not a result of increased potency of all mj, just that more "quality" bud is being found..

Hick said:
..but do you suppose the those stats are a "true reflection" of an increase in potency?.....OR...a result of more "home grown" being grown/confiscated, rather than the mex commercial?..

...not a result of increased potency of all mj, just that more "quality" bud is being found..

I'd have to agree. I see less and less "mexican brick" lately and more "less than optimum" (bagseed strain not taken care of like it should have been) locally grown OD bud.
Boy I am turning into a weed snob. :p

probably so hick. another graph they showed was the decrease in stuff coming across the border. but the outside pot seized still out numbers indoor busts by far. i think the outdoor bust numbers were something like 4million plants as to where indoor busts was like 250,000.

fig7.jpg

Total marijuana seized in Northern Border states, in kilograms, 2001-2005.

in 2005 3,938,151 outdoor plants seized, 270,935 indoor plants seized, thats around 14% that were seized indoors.

Although marijuana use has declined slightly, the threat associated with the drug is increasing because of the rising prevalence of high potency marijuana throughout the country and the expansion of domestic cultivation by Mexican DTOs into more areas of the country. More high potency marijuana is being produced at indoor sites in the United States, while high potency marijuana smuggling, primarily by Canada-based Asian groups, from Canada into the United States is also increasing. These Asian criminal groups are also expanding their distribution networks to control a greater portion of wholesale marijuana distribution, particularly the distribution of high potency marijuana. Moreover, improved cultivation techniques are now rendering high potency marijuana from outdoor cannabis cultivation.

Mutt said:
I see less and less "mexican brick" lately and more "less than optimum" (bagseed strain not taken care of like it should have been) locally grown OD bud.
Boy I am turning into a weed snob. :p

Hey, Muttster. You're right about less Mexibrick. I was living in Central CA during 9/11 and it really tightened the borders. Many Mexican growers moved their operations to California and grew on federal lands to avoid having to smuggle it across the border. They brought their own gardeners/guards to tend to the crops. In a roundabout way, we were still smoking Mexibrick -- it was grown by Mexicans in America. What a great country we have. Always giving opportunities to immigrants.

As far as being a "weed snob" ... I'm inclined to agree with you on that point. Why not. I didn't discover the world of good weed until late in life so I'm gonna enjoy it while I can and avoid smoking schwag whenever possible.
Livin' the Dream

Latest posts

Back