Avocados

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medman

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with avo's? I've got one started, only 2 inches or so tall right now. Just wondering if they have any special needs. If they have a veg/flower cycle or just 12/12 em the whole way thru?

O_O

im not sure what you mean.

are you just starting it inside? i am ignorant to whether small ones will fruit, but the only avo's ive seen were the ones my family had it California and they were 30 foot trees... will they fruit when just the size of shrubs?

I would say to mimic Ca climate the best you can. they grow amazingly there with little effort.

Avacadoes take at least 5 years under optimal conditions to produce fruit. I read up on the growing of avo's by googling the subject. I wanted to grow one but dont have that much patience. yeah man just google how to grow avacadoes and you'll be cool.

Massive trees. Depends which type you are growing, the smooth-skinned smaller type or the rough skin, large "Hass" type.

Kisu, ive said that with so many things, but if i had started cacti when i first said i didnt have the patience, id have x number of 6y/o cacti now.......

I just sprouted one from a pit. I didn't know the trees got that big, though. Now I'm going to throw it in the canal :D

if u took a pit from a store bought avo then it will make 4 a good house plant & that is it. why exactly i dont know , but if i had to guess it would b b/c they r hybrids. let us know what u find out.

I would love to have an avocado tree. I have 2 lemon trees and they are very small still.

Avocado's have to be full grown tree before it grow fruits. I think you have to wait for year/s. Of course it has flower. But when it flowered, it means it is starting to grow fruits.

Latest posts

Back