Beginner, Advice Please!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
hello all, this is a grow I started 5 days ago. Have 3 sprouts, hopein for a 4th. Have them under 160w of floros. 4 40watters. Please let me know what you think. Advice is greatly appreciated, tips, tricks, any feedback helps.

100_1904.JPG

100_1906.JPG

100_1907.JPG

1st thing is you need dark containers for your babys, roots don't like light. And you should also bury your rockwoll block down in the soil. Also don't fool yourself you have 4 40 watt bulbs not 160 watt there is a diffrence. But just do some research and reading around here and ask questions and you will learn alot...good luck and...take care..

Do you have the one that aren't up in a humidity dome. A sandwich bagy will work. If they don't come up in a couple weeks I always look to see whats wrong. Styrofoam is bad. Holds heat, moisture, and doesn't breath. You're going dirt so you'll need potting soil and perlite and planting pots. If you don't have much money but are smart, buy two 300 watt cfl bulb from home depot for 40 bucks and that will get you till it's time to flower. Keep using those flo tubes too. light-roots-food-air! We grow We thirve

You got a very interesting set up... I'm not really sure why you would use rockwool with soil as you need to keep it moist or the roots will dry up too. To be honest this is really ghetto lol. You should at least get some real soil and not mulch.

Looking ok there jayreef my man but I've a fewpointers for you.

First off,it would have been better to let them grow on just the rockwool block and once that had developed a nice rootball within the rockwool then pot up into compost.

It's not good to introduce a small seedling to very large pots that they will struggle to fill it out so its always best to pot up in stages as a small seedling can't dry out a large pot with its small root system and portions of the compost become anaerobic(oxygen free)which inhibits growth and invites disease and possible nutrient deficiencies as the plant can't feed in such an environment.

So I'd remove those blocks from the compost and wrap something around them to make them light tight and let the rockwool block fill out with roots and then transplant to a bigger pot.

If it's gonna be a cfl grow right the way through I'd get a few more mate as 160w really isnt much for 3-4 plants.

All the best with your grow and do keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back