Bleeding??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumble

Reaction score
We're 4 weeks off killing our crop (horrible word killing) my mate reckons they need to be bled everyday?? I think that would cause overfeeding?? Last night I fed then 3 ltrs each, there in 30ltr pots.

Can someone give me advice to exaxctly how much & how often??

And room temps aswell?

jumble said:
We're 4 weeks off killing our crop (horrible word killing) my mate reckons they need to be bled everyday?? I think that would cause overfeeding?? Last night I fed then 3 ltrs each, there in 30ltr pots.

Can someone give me advice to exaxctly how much & how often??

And room temps aswell?

Your mate is wrong. I have not read anything about bleeding being beneficial to the plant. I assume you mean cutting and scaring the stems? Keep the room temps in the mid 70's with lights on and the high 60's-low 70's at night unless you are trying to bring out color in the strain in which case the mid 60's at night are fine.

-SSF-

Can you describe "bleeding"... I can't wrap my brain around how something other then feeding them cld cause over feeding....

I never even heard of this stuff...
bleeding (what ever bleeding is) will cause overfeeding?
3l / 30l container..are you thinking of "leaching?" causing a lot more run-off to leach out the ferts?
which would not be over fertilizing...it would be over watering.

Lol....all I can picture is the three of us scratching our heads puzzled....:D
Yeah maybe he means flushing...and the only way flushing wld over feed is if you are using a soil like Miracle Grow with ferts already in it.

I don't think that 3 liters of water for 30 liters pots is much ... I'm watering a little less then 3 liters for 11 liters pots every two/three days.

Does he means flushing ? Flushing will not cause overfeeding :rolleyes:

Hamster Lewis said:
Can you describe "bleeding"... I can't wrap my brain around how something other then feeding them cld cause over feeding....

We are using coco and bleeding is wen the feed is coming threw the pots (30ltr) into the trays.

Hamster Lewis said:

Thats what I was worried about over feeding, there 4 weeks off cutting down. I fed them 3 ltrs each last night but I've just read on here that maybe is'nt enough.

The problem with the heat is we had workmen working up the side of my apartment so I had to turn the rino off and just open all windows and fans on plus its summer here!! temp went to 38 not good by the looks of a couple of the ladies.

I do still have my L plates where growin is concerned its only my 2nd. I'd never say no to a good bit of advice

jumble said:
Thank you

Where are people based on here? Im based in UK?

People are on here from all over the world, but most are from Europe or North America, I think what Mutt meant when he said "WE" was here at MP its referred to as run off or drainage.

Welcome to the site.

Hamster Lewis said:
Lol....all I can picture is the three of us scratching our heads puzzled....:D
Yeah maybe he means flushing...and the only way flushing wld over feed is if you are using a soil like Miracle Grow with ferts already in it.
Make that FOUR of us. lol

It sounds like you might also be calling watering, feeding? When you say you FED them 3 liters does that mean you watered them or fed them nutrients? Have you been using any nutrients?

jumble said:
We're 4 weeks off killing our crop (horrible word killing) my mate reckons they need to be bled everyday?? :)

LOL--We also call it "harvesting" not killing.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--We also call it "harvesting" not killing.

I think we should put that up to a vote :p

Would you kill a relative? I hope not! I have thought about harvesting a couple.:rofl: JK! One thing I have learned here Is : If you want them to be kind to you, Be kind to them! Show them the gentle touch that you would show your lover. Sweet talk them and you will be will be shown some sweet talk. They are your babies! Tell them how beautiful they are and then CHOP! :hubba:

oh by the way: That is 6 of us!!!!

Latest posts

Back