brandspankin noob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluegrasser

Reaction score
howdo all, i am a brandspankin new perspective grower. green as grass and really eager to learn from all you experienced gardeners. i grew four W Widow last year as an experiment and they turned out pretty good.
i live on a small mountain in nova scotia canada, pretty much retired and spend nearly all my time in the woods.
I'll be an outdoor grower - we're allowed four,, but the ones way back.in the woods dont count.
look.forward to reading what yall got to offer.

BG--Welcome to MP !-- I'm a water pharmer way down Texas way so someone else may be best to teach U about dirt farming - We got all kinds of farmers here !-- I had a White Widow I cloned from clones for 4 and a half years !
I'm have to get that one back ! -- Outside up there U might better stick to straight up fast finishing Indica ! -- Once again welcome to MP !-- There's a thread here where lots of seniors hang out !-- Home of the Old Farts Club -- Stop by and say hello if U wish ! -- We got people learning and people teaching and it's kinda like a community !-- We kick every day off with a Wake and Bake ! -- We got other Canadians hang out with us !-- Budlight I believe is on the opposite coast from U ?--

BG--Welcome to MP !-- I'm a water pharmer way down Texas way so someone else may be best to teach U about dirt farming - We got all kinds of farmers here !-- I had a White Widow I cloned from clones for 4 and a half years !
I'm have to get that one back ! -- Outside up there U might better stick to straight up fast finishing Indica ! -- Once again welcome to MP !-- There's a thread here where lots of seniors hang out !-- Home of the Old Farts Club -- Stop by and say hello if U wish ! -- We got people learning and people teaching and it's kinda like a community !-- We kick every day off with a Wake and Bake ! -- We got other Canadians hang out with us !-- Budlight I believe is on the opposite coast from U ?--
Thanks for the big ol Texas welcome ! there are a lot of experienced growers around my neck of the woods and they grow all kinds of strains. couple guys grew SD ( they say) that looked like damn christmas trees. the white widows i grew did amazing, considering the lack of care i gave em. they were about 3 1/2 ' high and probably 3' around. I have to wonder how well i can do if i actually learn something , so here i am ........

Morning Cuz !-- U got one crop under your belt so that's a start !-- I live under the yolk of prohibition so I can't grow outside -- A roach or dirty pipe can land U in jail !-- I eat more weed than I smoke !-- I had a severe head injury and take it for pain and some the associated problem !-- I do a 4 part rotation !-- I like plants that finish in 60 days or less!-- The way it works is I move some plants to bloom every 2 weeks -- After 2 months they start coming out of bloom every 2 weeks !-- I have heat to deal with most of the year !
I kinda fell into water pharming !-- I got those dam dog Pecker Knats -- I didn't know how to stop them so I bought an aero cloner that I knew nothing about and cut the plants up and put them in the cloner !-- They rooted and were doing well !-- I did some reading about nutes and ask around !-- I copied that cloner on a larger scale and never went back to dirt pharming !-- I'm sold on water pharming and LED grow lights !-- SD -?- That could be several things I guess ?-- I have an SD -- Snow Desiel !-- It works well for me !--

Hey Keef SD - Sour Diesel , sorry about that sometimes my shorthand just gets confusing. There are some pretty good growers around here but theyr not too eager to talk about the process. a fella near here put one plant right in his cow manure pile ( old black rotten stuff) and grew a big ol tree about 9' high. neighbor ratted him out and the RCs came and took it one morning while he was at work. so u know some good stuff can grow here, i just gotta learn from folks like yall how to. best strains for here, soil mixes, plating methods and all that interesting stuff. lots of home growers here dont even know what they're growing, if they can get a good smoke at the end of it thats all they care. i wanna see how well i can grow ( chem free) so i'll be pickin all yalls brains.

Initials sure can be confusing Cuz !-- I bred some that will confuse dahell out U !-- SR91-X ( MZR-x BBSL) - It has no name yet --It is a Sangarara Reserve-x- 91 Dragons mom --a high class indica outta Peru --I bred that to a boy I had bred that had a Mazar-i-Shariff mom of Lebonese Blond Hash fame and a Black Berry Snow Lotus dad !-- They told me the BBSL male--"Bring the fire"-- He did me right !-- Don't know what to call it but Texas got a vicious hash plant in that one ! -- I bred that BBSL male to about a dozen girls -- Still don't know what I got in some !---Growing can get addictive !-- There's also a disease associated with growing !-- I call it VCD !-- Variety Chasing Disease !-- It raises it ugly head once in awhile !-- There will always be some variety that U just gotta have !
I got the hots for Snow Lotus right now !-- I want to do some breeding with it !

Hey Keef SD - Sour Diesel , sorry about that sometimes my shorthand just gets confusing. There are some pretty good growers around here but theyr not too eager to talk about the process. a fella near here put one plant right in his cow manure pile ( old black rotten stuff) and grew a big ol tree about 9' high. neighbor ratted him out and the RCs came and took it one morning while he was at work. so u know some good stuff can grow here, i just gotta learn from folks like yall how to. best strains for here, soil mixes, plating methods and all that interesting stuff. lots of home growers here dont even know what they're growing, if they can get a good smoke at the end of it thats all they care. i wanna see how well i can grow ( chem free) so i'll be pickin all yalls brains.
I'm new as well here

Hey Bluegrasser I'm in Southern Ontario and in my experience with outdoor you're better off with an indica. Sativas can take too long for our climate. If you want to do a sativa Outdoors just make sure it's in a position where it's going to get lots of sun in the fall time too when the sun drops lower in the sky.
I had a couple Strawberry Cough one that was in full sunlight even in the fall time and one that ended up in the shade for a good portion of the day in the fall and the one that got full sunlight was able to finish almost and the one that had more shade had barely started flowering.

Hey Bluegrasser I'm in Southern Ontario and in my experience with outdoor you're better off with an indica. Sativas can take too long for our climate. If you want to do a sativa Outdoors just make sure it's in a position where it's going to get lots of sun in the fall time too when the sun drops lower in the sky.
I had a couple Strawberry Cough one that was in full sunlight even in the fall time and one that ended up in the shade for a good portion of the day in the fall and the one that got full sunlight was able to finish almost and the one that had more shade had barely started flowering.
Hey Snuggs good to hear from you, this info is xactly what i need. I know the guys near here grow W Widow , Sour Diesel, Candy Cush or Crush ( not sure which is right) and a Connie something or other. Couple of my friends have no clue what they grow , to them its just pot. I dont want to be one of those guys. Thanks for your input, really appreciate it

Love "the ones way back don't count"!! Just a thought, if by retirement you mean your getting a little older, I would take advantage of this site's information on indoor growing. Won't have to worry about the season and can grow whatever, whenever. I've grown like you are describing with the ones in the woods and it sure can wear you down. And that's when I was younger.:)

Love "the ones way back don't count"!! Just a thought, if by retirement you mean your getting a little older, I would take advantage of this site's information on indoor growing. Won't have to worry about the season and can grow whatever, whenever. I've grown like you are describing with the ones in the woods and it sure can wear you down. And that's when I was younger.:)
Thank you and yes im getting older but still spend nearly every day walking the woods . I do a lot of "lugging" so im still in not bad shape. Im on private land of several hundred acres with a few 4x4 trails and walking paths scattered around. Nobody but my brother and I venture in there. RCs and COs dont bother with this part of the county either. I'll have "the other" herbs scattered and well separated just in case.

Latest posts

Back