bubbler cloner question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the bottom and top should be dark. Do not use black spray paint as it does not work, trust me I know first hand. Use black duck tape that works great. I have a gray and blue color Rubbermaid and I still use the black tape on them just to be safe.

You must not have any light penatration,, are it will cause problems. I learned that the hard way.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys, that confirmed my thoughts and saved trial and error time.

Thanks!

Don't mean to take over your thread, but I just set up my Bubble cloner and I have a question on the stems. About how far into the water should they be. I have 6 clones going but I don't see any new root growth. they have been in for a week now.

i find better results when the stem hangs just above the water
the mist from the bubbles ontop of the surface is what willl bring the roots out

You can paint containers, you just have to use the correct paint. I have used Krylon's Fusion paint (that is made for plastic) many times with good results.

I also keep the stems slightly above the water level. Be patient. I never get roots in a week. It can take 2 weeks or more.

You would probably save yourself some hassle if you cant find a black container locally to order one on the internet. By the time you by the right paint or coating, get the container... You would probably do better to get one ready to go. Hydro/indoor gardening stores often carry many different sizes of black buckets. I use a 2 gal black bucket with 5, 2" neoprene collars for the clone sites. These things are a breeze to make... If you have a hole saw bit/blade (1 7/8" ;)) it's really easy... One other option is to look at the Daisy Cloners and tally up how much your DIY project will run... They look like some pretty affordable 8 clone site clone machines... I think they use misters instead of airstones & constant bubbles... Here's a pic of my lil bubbler... I can easily fit 15 clones into it and more if I squeeze in more than one per slit in the collars... I had just put these clones into my bubbler so they aren't 100% perky in this pic but within a few hours they snapped to attention... I've got a small aquarium heater in the bubbler now cuz I've found keeping the water temps in the 70s is really important for rooting...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Bubler.jpg

Latest posts

Back